< FreecivJump to navigation Jump to search
You made the choice of playing Freeciv. Welcome! This will get you started.
Step 1: Get Freeciv
- Windows and Mac: Go here and pick your download and install normally.
- Linux: Search with your package manager. If not, go here, get the source code, and hop around doing "./configure && make && sudo make install".
Step 2: Jump Over The Cliff (not really, just an introduction to getting started)
- If you've played Civilization before Freeciv will be very familiar. Go 2 pages forward, sir.
- Else, hold your horses.
- Start a new game and pick your nation and then say "Ready".
- Go into Windows -> Research and research something, like another government.
- Select the explorer and a dialog will pop up. That happens because there are more than one unit there.
- Double-click on a Settler and then go to Unit -> Build City. Click OK (you can not change the name when you are done, be warned)
- End your turn.
You have made your mark on Freeciv. Proceed for the controls of the game.