|Game & Watch Gallery 4|
|System(s)||Game Boy Advance, Wii U VC|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Preceded by||Game & Watch Gallery 3|
|Series||Game & Watch Gallery|
|Neoseeker Related Pages|
|Twitch||Game & Watch Gallery 4 Channel|
|YouTube Gaming||Game & Watch Gallery 4 Channel|
Game & Watch Gallery 4 (known as Game & Watch Gallery Advance in Europe) is a video game for the Game Boy Advance. It is the fourth game in the Game & Watch Gallery series, and it is the only one to have the most games available and it was developed and published by Nintendo, and released on October 28, 2002, with an ESRB rating of "E for everyone." It allows people to play classic Game & Watch games again, or experience them for the first time.
Modern vs. Classic
Game & Watch Gallery 4 featured both modern and classic versions of its six standard games, as well as the first five unlockable games. The classic version had lcd style graphics and the same gameplay as the original Game & Watch handheld games, while the modern version had updated graphics, music, and color and replaced the original characters and items with ones from the Mario series. Also the gameplay was changed in some games and might have had a new challenge.
From the start there are six games that you will be able to play. Both Boxing and Donkey Kong 3 can be played with another player using another Game Boy Advance and a link cable. Only one cartridge is necessary.
- Boxing - Punch out your opponent before he does the same to you.
- Donkey Kong 3
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- Fire - Bounce all the occupants of the blazing building to safety using a trampoline
- Mario's Cement Factory - Deliver the cement to a truck. This is a cookie factory reminiscent of Yoshi's Cookie in modern mode.
- Rain Shower - Keep the raindrops off the sheets in classic mode, or move your friends away from under Bowser's paint balloons in modern mode.
There are 14 locked games. They are unlocked by collecting stars, which are rewarded every time 200 points are scored in a game. The maximum amount of stars that can be earned in each game is five. The first five games feature both Modern and Classic modes, but the rest can only be played in Classic. The last nine will be displayed in the museum upon unlocking them.
- Chef - Collect 5 stars
- Mario Bros. - Collect 20 stars
- Donkey Kong - Collect 35 stars
- Octopus - Collect 50 stars
- Fire Attack - Collect 60 stars
- Manhole - Collect 80 stars
- Tropical Fish - Collect 90 stars
- Mario's Bombs away - Collect 100 stars
- Parachute - Collect 110 stars
- Bombsweeper - Collect 120 stars
- Climber - Collect 130 stars
- Safebuster - Collect 140 stars
- Lifeboat - Collect 150 stars
- Zelda - Collect 160 stars
The Gallery Corner has many features. The message board explains hints and tips, the sound room plays G&W music, and the Museum allows players to see and play hidden Game & Watch games.