Characters introduced in Guilty Gear
The characters of Guilty Gear are participants in the tournament to determine the members of the Second Sacred Order of Holy Knights. However, this tournament is truly brought about by the return of an evil which was once thought to be long gone.
- Axl Low: Enters the tournament to get back to his time period. A ranged fighter.
- Chipp Zanuff: Enters the tournament to get revenge on the people who killed his mentor. A quick, easy-to-use fighter.
- Dr. Baldhead: Enters the tournament after he's broken out of prison. An unconventional fighter who wields a giant scalpel.
- Kliff Undersn: Enters the tournament when he senses something suspicious about it. A slow fighter with a strong build.
- Ky Kiske: Enters the tournament after hearing rumors about it. A quick fighter with lightning-based attacks.
- May: Enters the tournament to rescue the man who took her in. A small but strong fighter.
- Millia Rage: Enters the tournament to kill her insane former lover. A quick fighter who attacks using a versatile weapon in the form of her hair.
- Potemkin: Enters the tournament because he is ordered to. A brute fighter who attacks using solely strength.
- Sol Badguy: Enters the tournament to dispose of the Gears. A balanced fighter with fire-based attacks.
- Zato-1: Enters the tournament to get revenge on the woman who betrayed him. A fighter who attacks using weapons he forms out of shadows.
- Baiken: Enters the tournament to get revenge on the Gears. A defensive fighter.
- Justice: The main antagonist of the game and the final boss. A powerful mecha fighter.
- Testament: An antagonist of the game and a sub-boss. A quick fighter who makes use of magic.