From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
There are many weapons to choose from, each of which is classified into a type. The basic weapon types are:
- Sub Machine Guns (SMG)
- Automatic Handguns
- Machine Guns
- Rocket Launchers
- Medical Packs
In GunZ, when a player achieves a kill, they may receive one or more of five animations:
- Excellent -- When a player deals excessive damage to multiple targets at the same time and kills several other players, a golden pair of wings is displayed above the player's head. It may also show when a player kills an opposing player and sustains little or no damage.
- Fantastic -- When a player deals the majority of the damage to a single target, a pair of purple arch-like auras is shown above the player's head. The player does not have to eliminate the target; another player can finish the target off, and both players will receive the aura. It will also be displayed to the last-hitting player if the target commits suicide, regardless if the target has taken substantial damage.
- Unbelievable -- When a player deals excessive damage to three or more targets in a very short period of time, a blue axe is shown above the target's head. It is also displayed when the target has sustained excessive damage and commits suicide.
- Headshot -- When a player eliminates a target by shooting or striking them in the head, a red circle with an eagle is shown above the player's head. Headshots can be achieved by all weapons, including grenades.
- All Kill -- Occurs only in team-based game modes. When a single player eliminates everyone on the opposing team, a spiked green circle appears above the person's head. If the player eliminates the entire opposing team besides one person, and the last person is heavily damaged by that player, but another team-mate inflicts the killing blow, the first player may still receive an All Kill.
- K-Style: when you use cancellations on your moves. K-Style (Korean Style) gained its name from the original release and development of these specialized techniques in the Korean version of GunZ The Duel.
- Turtle-ing: a defensive sword style in which you use block your enemy's strikes in hopes that they too will block. If this happens, a person using this style will use an impact strike to hit them. The attacker has three choices, which are: to flee immediately, or flip the defender (insta-fall). With Flipping the Defender it will cancel their defence while they are in the air. Or lastly shoot their opponent in the feet, because the characters can only defend the upper portion of their body.
- Euro-Style: when using rifles, pistols, revolvers, and grenades. E-stylers (European-style) have to be strategic when facing others. A good E-styler will try to aim and use grenade and tumble. They either use kodachis, kantana or daggers. A good E-styler can equal a K-styler in battle.
- Dagger- Style: a player who uses a dagger for quick and nimble movements. Advanced players of D-style can do moves such as "yo-yo" and dagger slash shots. A good D-styler can match other K-stylers.