< GyromiteJump to navigation Jump to search
A * next to the phase number indicates that two pipes need to be held down in order to clear the stage, so you will need to spin one of the Gyros.
- The first phase is pretty straight forward. Have R.O.B. pick up a Gyro and push it down on the blue actuator until Professor Hector clears the first blue pipe. Then lift the Gyro off of the blue actuator to allow Hector to proceed.
- Then have R.O.B. move the Gyro over to the red actuator and press it down until Hector clears the first red pipe. Then have R.O.B. release the red actuator so that Hector can complete the stage.
- The second stage is even easier than the first. Have R.O.B. push down the blue actuator until Hector clears the first blue pipe. Then have R.O.B. release the blue actuator, and watch Hector complete the rest of the stage on his own.
- As Hector approaches the one blue pipe and three red pipes, all that you're going to have R.O.B. do is push down the blue actuator until Hector is standing on the blue pipe. Then have R.O.B. release the blue actuator, and Hector will walk on top of the red pipes, completing the stage and collecting a 100 point bonus for touching the arrow.
- As soon as the phase starts, have R.O.B. push down the blue actuator. When Hector clears the blue pipe, immediately begin to have R.O.B. switch over to, and press down, the red actuator. You need to do this before Hector passes over the red pipes. With any luck, you squash the Smick in the process.
- Once Hector is safely on the middle platform and collects the arrow, have R.O.B. switch back to the blue actuator. Press it down so that Hector can walk across the blue pipes. If you like, you may release the blue actuator so that Hector exits through the top tunnel.
- If you arrived through the bottom tunnel, you will need to have R.O.B. push down on the blue actuator until Hector stands on top of the blue pipes. Then have R.O.B. release the actuator so that Hector rises to the top platform.
- If you arrived through the top tunnel, all that you need to do is have R.O.B. press down the red actuator until Hector passes over the single red pipe. Then have R.O.B. release the red actuator.
- There is actually no bad path through this phase, but the top path is the better path, so that's what you should take. When the phase begins have R.O.B. push down the blue actuator, and leave it this way for the entire phase. Hector will collect the arrow and safely exit through the top tunnel.
- Whether you arrive through the top or bottom tunnel, Hector will climb up the high rope. Make sure that the blue actuator is still held down. Once Hector steps on to the blue pipes, immediately instruct R.O.B. to lift the Gyro off of the blue actuator so that Hector can reach the high path.
- Next, you need to make sure that R.O.B. switches over to the red actuator and pushes it down before Hector reaches the red pipe. As long as it's down before Hector arrives, he will safely complete the rest of the phase.
- The red actuator should still be held down from the last phase. You'll need to wait a while until Hector's feet come in contact with the pair of red pipes. At that point, have R.O.B. lift the Gyro off of the red actuator. As long as Hector rises up and reaches the high rope attached to the ceiling, he will safely complete the rest of the phase.
- You are offered two options for this phase. Either one is fine, although the top path can result in death if not executed properly. Regardless of which path you choose, make sure that R.O.B. is hold the red actuator down before Hector reaches the two red pipes.
- To take the top path, have R.O.B. release the red actuator when Hector stands on the red pipes. As soon as Hector safely reaches the platform and collects the arrow, have R.O.B. press down the red actuator once again. Make sure that it's down before Hector releases the last rope. Hector will exit through the top tunnel.
- To take the bottom path, wait until Hector completely passes the red pipes. Then have R.O.B. switch to, and press down, the blue actuator. Keep it held down until Hector passes the last blue pipe. Hector will exit through the bottom tunnel. (Alternatively, you may lift Hector up with the red pipes, collect the high arrow, and lower the blue pipes so that Hector falls back down to the lower path.)
- If you arrived through the lower tunnel, have R.O.B. press the blue actuator down. Once Hector clears the two blue pipes, he will safely complete the stage on his own.
- If you arrived through the higher tunnel, you have two chances to get Hector down to the bottom where he needs to be. The first one comes as soon as Hector releases the ropes. He will stop at the red pipe and wait for R.O.B. to push the red actuator down. If you let Hector fall all the way down, you will need to press the blue actuator down to allow Hector to progress.
- Alternatively, you could attempt to allow Hector to reach the high platform by releasing the red actuator as soon as Hector sets foot on the first red pipe, but then you need to press it back down again before Hector reaches the second red pipe, or the Smick will kill him.