This is a list of all available characters in Heimdall. The better you manage in the first three trials, the more characters will be available. Perfect performance brings up all the 30 characters.
There are seven classes: beserker (sic), blacksmith, druid, navigator (only 2 available), shipwright, warrior (most characters) and wizard. The player must select only 5 characters in his party, therefore 2 classes are out.
The following table lists all 30 characters. There is also an average of their skills to help the player select the "strongest" ones.
Note that the manual does not explain the differences and specialties of each class. Virtually there are no classes as all characters can advance any skill freely. However this is the general template:
- Warriors are the most numerous of the available characters. Their strongest skills are Strength and Dexterity. They have no Runelore.
- Beserkers are comparable to Warriors but are in general the strongest of all other classes in almost every skill, and unlike Warriors, also have Runelore.
- There are only two Navigators. They are mostly average excepting Luck, which is the highest of all other classes.
- Blacksmiths are comparable to Warriors, with significantly less Dexterity, and a bit less Luck.
- Druids are average, but are the weakest in Strength.
- Wizards are comparable to Druids but in general better, and have average Strength. Druids and Wizards classes have the highest Runelore of all other classes.
- Shipwrights have the least Dexterity of all and have no Runelore.
One suggestion is to pick a core of 2 or 3 playing characters and pick others and random. Play with these selected characters and advance them in each island, keeping the others always in the ship, simply using their inventory as storage space before and after visiting an island. This way your 2 or 3 "favorite" characters will be stronger, and sooner, than distributing action to all 6 characters.