The Castle is composed of typical human-type units: pikemen, archers, griffons, swordsmen, monks, cavaliers, and angels. Notable upgrades include the archer-marksman and swordsman-crusader upgrades which provide double attacks. As is typical with top level units, the angel-archangel upgrade goes from a strong flyer to a much faster, dominant flyer with a resurrection ability.
- For more details on Castle Units, see the Creatures page.
- Village Hall: Allows you to purchase structures and generates 500 gold per day.
- Town Hall: Allows you to purchase structures and generates 1000 gold per day. Requires Tavern
- City Hall: Allows you to purchase structures and generates 2000 gold per day. Requires Mage Guild Level 1, Blacksmith and Marketplace.
- Capital: Allows you to purchase structures and generates 4000 gold per day. Requires Castle.
- Fort: Provides your town with defensive walls.
- Citadel: Adds a keep and an arrow tower. Gives an additional 50% of troops over the base troop generation.
- Castle: Fortifies walls and adds 2 additional, weaker arrow towers. Doubles base creature growth.
- Mage Guild
- Mage Guild Level 1: Allows your hero to learn 5 level 1 spells.
- Mage Guild Level 2: Allows your hero to learn 4 level 2 spells.
- Mage Guild Level 3: Allows your hero to learn 3 level 3 spells.
- Mage Guild Level 4: Allows your hero to learn 2 level 4 spells.
- Blacksmith: Enables visiting heroes to purchase Ballistae.
- Marketplace: Enables you to buy, sell, trade and gift resources.
- Resource Silo: Provides you with an additional wood and ore each day.
- Stables: Allows all visiting heroes to move further until the end of the week.
- Colossus: +5000 Gold, +50% Creature Growth Rate, All units +2 moral
- Tavern: Allows you to recruit additional heroes, and improves morale by 1 for heroes defending from a siege.
- Brotherhood of the Sword: Improves morale by 2 for heroes defending from a siege.
- Griffin Bastion: Improves griffin production by 3 per week. Requires Griffin Tower.
- Shipyard: Allows your town to build a ship. Town must be near water to construct this building.
- Lighthouse: Allows all ships under your control to move further each turn.
- Guardhouse: Allows you to recruit Pikemen. Requires Fort.
- Upgraded Guardhouse: Allows you to recruit Halberdiers and upgrade Pikemen into Halberdiers.
- Archers' Tower: Allows you to recruit Archers. Requires Guardhouse.
- Upgraded Archers' Tower: Allows you to recruit Marksmen and upgrade Archers into Marksmen.
- Griffin Tower: Allows you to recruit Griffins. Requires Barracks.
- Upgraded Griffin Tower: Allows you to recruit Royal Griffins and upgrade Griffins into Royal Griffins.
- Barracks: Allows you to recruit Swordsmen. Requires Blacksmith.
- Upgraded Barracks: Allows you to recruit Crusaders and upgrade Swordsmen into Crusaders.
- Monastery: Allows you to recruit Monks. Requires Barracks and Mage Guild Level 1.
- Upgraded Monastery: Allows you to recruit Zealots and upgrade Monks into Zealots.
- Training Grounds: Allows you to recruit Cavaliers. Requires Stables and Barracks.
- Upgraded Training Grounds: Allows you to recruit Champions and upgrade Cavaliers into Champions.
- Portal of Glory: Allows you to recruit Angels. Requires Monastery.
- Upgraded Portal of Glory: Allows you to recruit Archangels and upgrade Angels into Archangels.