The Rampart is composed of typical forest-type units: centaurs, dwarfs, elves, pegasi, dendroids, unicorns and dragons, specifically Green and Gold Dragons. Notable upgrades include the dwarf-battle dwarf upgrade, which improves magic resistances, and wood elves-grand elves upgrade which provide double attacks. As is typical with top level units, the green dragon-gold dragon upgrade goes from a strong flyer to a much faster, dominant flyer with improved immunity to magic.
- For more details on Castle Units, see the Creatures page.
File:HoMMIII Centaur Captains Profile.png
File:HoMMIII Battle Dwarves Profile.png Battle Dwarves
File:HoMMIII Grand Elves Profile.png
File:HoMMIII Pegasi Profile.png
File:HoMMIII Silver Pegasi Profile.png
File:HoMMIII Dendroid Guards Profile.png
File:HoMMIII Dendroid Soldiers Profile.png
File:HoMMIII Unicorns Profile.png
File:HoMMIII War Unicorns Profile.png
File:HoMMIII Green Dragons Profile.png
File:HoMMIII Gold Dragons Profile.png
- Village Hall: Allows you to purchase structures and generates 500 gold per day.
- Town Hall: Allows you to purchase structures and generates 1000 gold per day. Requires Tavern
- City Hall: Allows you to purchase structures and generates 2000 gold per day. Requires Mage Guild Level 1, Blacksmith and Marketplace.
- Capital: Allows you to purchase structures and generates 4000 gold per day. Requires Castle.
- Fort: Provides your town with defensive walls.
- Citadel: Adds a keep and an arrow tower. Gives an additional 50% of troops over the base troop generation.
- Castle: Fortifies walls and adds 2 additional, weaker arrow towers. Doubles base creature growth.
- Mage Guild
- Mage Guild Level 1: Allows your hero to learn 5 level 1 spells.
- Mage Guild Level 2: Allows your hero to learn 4 level 2 spells.
- Mage Guild Level 3: Allows your hero to learn 3 level 3 spells.
- Mage Guild Level 4: Allows your hero to learn 2 level 4 spells.
- Mage Guild Level 5: Allows your hero to learn 1 level 5 spell.
- Tavern: Allows you to recruit additional heroes, and improves morale by 1 for heroes defending from a siege.
- Blacksmith: Enables visiting heroes to purchase First Aid Tents.
- Treasury: Gives an additional 10% on any gold you own at the start of each week.
- Dendroid Saplings: Increases production rate of Dendroid Guards by 2 per week.
- Miner's Guild: Increases production rate of Dwarves by 4 per week.
- Spirit Guardian: +5000 Gold, +50% Creature Growth Rate, All units +2 Luck
- Marketplace: Enables you to buy, sell, trade and gift resources.
- Resource Silo: Provides you with an additional crystal each day.
- Mystic Pond: Generates a random resource this week. Usually of the magical resources (Mercury, Sulphur, Crystal, Gems.)
- Fountain of Fortune: Gives 2 additional luck to a hero when defending against a siege.
- Centaur Stables: Allows you to recruit Centaurs. Requires Fort.
- Upgraded Centaur Stables: Allows you to recruit Centaur Captains and upgrade Centaurs into Centaur Captains.
- Dwarf Cottage: Allows you to recruit Dwarves. Requires Centaur Stables.
- Upgraded Dwarf Cottage: Allows you to recruit Battle Dwarves and upgrade Dwarves into Battle Dwarves.
- Homestead: Allows you to recruit Wood Elves. Requires Dwarf Cottage.
- Upgraded Homestead: Allows you to recruit Grand Elves and upgrade Wood Elves into Grand Elves.
- Enchanted Spring: Allows you to recruit Pegasi. Requires Homestead.
- Upgraded Enchanted Spring: Allows you to recruit Silver Pegasi and upgrade Pegasi into Silver Pegasi.
- Dendroid Arches: Allows you to recruit Dendroid Guards. Requires Homestead.
- Upgraded Dendroid Arches: Allows you to recruit Dendroid Soldiers and upgrade Dendroid Guards into Dendroid Soldiers.
- Unicorn Glade: Allows you to recruit Unicorns. Requires Enchanted Spring and Dendroid Arches.
- Upgraded Unicorn Glade: Allows you to recruit War Unicorns and upgrade Unicorns into War Unicorns.
- Dragon Cliffs: Allows you to recruit Green Dragons. Requires Unicorn Glade and Mage Guild Level 2.
- Upgraded Dragon Cliffs: Allows you to recruit Gold Dragons and upgrade Green Dragons into Gold Dragons.