Aatrox, the Darkin Blade
|Health||395 (+85)||Attack damage||55 (+3.2)|
|Health regen.||5.75 (+0.5)||Attack speed||0.651 (+3%)|
|Mana regen.||Magic res.||30 (+1.25)|
Aatrox is one five legendary warriors that are left of an ancient race called the Darkin. In lore, he appears during a battle faced by two armies. He appeared, carrying his living sword, among the ranks of the outnumbered and exhausted force. With his presence that urged them to fight, they watched as he cleaved through the lines of their enemy, and soon found themselves instilled with a strong thirst to fight again and won an unlikely victory. Quickly after the battle he vanished.
Aatrox is a very health-centered melee fighter. He is also a fairly versatile champion in that he can be placed into different rolls. His passive (Blood Well) also gives him some durability as his stored, self-inflicted damage allows him to recover after he receives a deadly amount of outside damage, making him a difficult winged-Darkin to slay.
Runes, Masteries, Summoner Spells
Tips, Tricks, and Tactics
Playing as Aatrox
- Avoid engaging in a fight with low health unless your Blood Well is full so that so that you regain enough health to continue fighting.
- Building Life Steal can be very potent on Aatrox to help compensate for his health costs.
- Massacre is great at turning the tide of battle, make sure to use it at the right moment to maximize the benefits from in.
Playing against Aatrox
- When Aatrox takes fatal damage he is healed for the amount currently in his resource bar, landing a fatal blow on him while the resource bar is low will result in him reviving with a lower amount of heath.
- When Aatrox casts Dark Flight towards your location avoid being knocked up by moving away from the center of impact.
- Aatrox is auto attack reliant for most of his damage and survivability, reducing his attack speed by purchasing Randuins Omen or Frozen Heart can help reduce those components greatly.
Synergies and Counters