- Stage 5 is the second of the two original stages exclusive to the NES version. It is a long and diverse stage broken into two parts; outside the temple, and inside. You begin outside by fighting squadrons of three gold Beruberumus each for ten power up capsules. Midway through, a set of cannons will be mounted on the floor and ceiling, but your Missiles should take care of them.
- After the blue floating rocks, you must fly over a tall hill. More gold Beruberumus will fly toward you. Then you will encounter a series of blue spiked balls that bounce along the floor. They take a few hits to destroy, but they can be shot down if you are persistent. Fly at the altitude equal to the height of their bounce for the easiest time shooting at them. After the bouncing balls, another small enemy releasing mound will appear on the bottom of the screen. Destroy it to stop the enemies from appearing.
- After you pass the large rock, enemies will continue to pour onto the screen, this time from the left side of the screen. Position your ship somewhere in the middle of the screen to remain safe, and let the enemies advance a bit to the right before attempting to destroy them. By this time, you will begin to see spikes raining down from the ceiling. In order to survive this section, you should drop low to the ground. Attempting to keep your Options high and above you will help substantially. Fire continuously, and watch for openings between the spikes where you can fly safely.
- The entrance to the temple proper is low to the ground. It is guarded by two types of objects. One is a pair of pots in which a ball bounces back and forth. The bottom pots are easy to destroy, but a ball will continue to drop unless the top is destroyed with Missiles. The other object is a three pointed craft which starts on one surface, and flies in a straight direction to another surface. As you get further in and have more space to maneuver, these objects become easier to destroy.
- Past the pillars, you will begin to encounter series of passageways that are occupied with many small blocks. The blocks can be shot away, creating a safe path for you to travel through. In fact, many of the blocks are actually hiding power ups. It is important, however, to remain focused on staying alive and to not get greedy. Some passages lead to dead ends. Early on, there are also some guns mounted on the right sides of certain walls that are difficult to destroy without the help of Options or Missiles. The three-pointed objects and more cannons follow before you reach the heart of the block passages.
Once all the blocks have tumbled away, the Pharaoh's mask will come to life. A set of eight golden orbs will orbit around the mask. These orbs are indestructible, and serve as a fairly effective shield for the mask. Additionally, each orb will fire steady moving projectiles at your ship which you must avoid. The mask itself will bob up and down along the right side of the screen. After doing this for a period of time, it will begin to move across to the left side of the screen where it will resume bobbing up and down. While it is here, there is little you can do to safely attack it, so you must simply wait for it to return to the opposite side of the screen. The only weak point on the entire mask is the glowing eyes. You must concentrate as much fire as possible on those eyes in order to defeat the boss.
2nd loop changes: The orbs rotate slightly faster and shoot projectiles more frequently.