Bladedancers are warriors with (mostly) offensive group buffs (dances). They use heavy armor and dual swords.
All dances are gained only once and never get stronger. Many dances stack with ordinary buffs, thats why everyone loves to have a Bladedancer (and/or Swordsinger) in the party, even if they themselves are not exactly the toughest warriors. Dances (and songs) only last 2 minutes, so you have dance again very often when playing this class.
Format: Name (max Level) - Description (Level [+Number of Advancements] [/ ...])
- Dance of Fire - Temporarily increases party's critical damage. Dual Swords only. (40)
- Dance of Light - Temporarily bestows sacred power to party's physical attack. Dual Swords only. (43)
- Dance of Inspiration - Temporarily increases party's Accuracy. Dual Swords only. (46)
- Dance of Mystic - Temporarily increases party's M. Atk. Dual Swords only. (49)
- Dance of Concentration - Temporarily increases party's Casting Spd., and decreases magic cancel rate. Dual Swords only. (52)
- Dance of Warrior - Temporarily increases party's P. Atk. Dual Swords only. (55)
- Dance of Fury - Temporarily increases party's Atk. Spd. Dual Swords only. (58)
- Dance of Earth Guard - Temporarily increases party's resistance to earth attacks. Dual Swords only. (62)
- Dance of Protection - Temporarily bestows one's party's resistance to terrain damage. Dual Swords only. (66)
- Dance of Aqua Guard - Temporarily increases party's resistance to attacks by water. Dual Swords only. (70)
- Dance of Vampire - Partially restores party's HP by using damage inflicted upon the enemy. Damage inflicted by skill or remote attack is excluded. Dual Swords only. (74)
- Aggression (12) - Provokes opponent's desire to attack. (24+3/28+3/32+2/36+2)
- Attack Aura (2) - Temporarily increases P. Atk. Conflicts with clerical "Might" Buff. (10/28)
- Confusion (19) - Throws the enemy into confusion and gets them to change the target of their attack. (24/28/32/36/40/43/46/49/52/55/58/60/62/64/66/68/70/72/74)
- Defense Aura (2) - Temporarily increases P. Def. Conflicts with clerical "Shield" Buff. (5/20)
- Deflect Arrow (2) - Increases defense against bow attacks. (24/32)
- Drain Health (53) - Absorbs HP. (15+2/20+2/24+3/28+3/32+3/36+3/40+3/43+3/46+3/49+3/52+3/55+3/58+3/60+2/62+2/64+2/66+2/68+2/70+2/72+2/74+2)
- Freezing Strike (24) - Instantly freezes target area. Temporarily reduces enemy's Speed. (36+2/40+2/43+2/46+2/49+2/52+2/55+2/58+2/60/62/64/66/68/70/72/74)
- Hex (15) - Instantly decreases enemy's P. Def. (40/43/46/49/52/55/58/60/62/64/66/68/70/72/74)
- Poison (5) - Poisons target. (20/49/58/66/74)
- Poison Blade Dance (3) - Sword emits cloud that poisons nearby enemies. Dual Swords only. (55/60/72)
- Power Break (17) - Instantly reduces enemy's P. Atk. (32/36/40/43/46/49/52/55/58/60/62/64/66/68/70/72/74)
- Sting (49) - Inflicts a serious, bleeding wound upon the enemy. Used with a sword, dagger, or two-handed weapon. Over-hit possible. (24+3/28+3/32+3/36+3/40+3/43+3/46+3/49+3/52+3/55+3/58+3/60+2/62+2/64+2/66+2/68+2/70+2/72+2/74+2)
- Ultimate Defense (1) - Instantly increases P. Def. and M. Def. significantly. User must remain still while it takes effect. (20)
- Dual Weapon Mastery (37) - Increases attack power when using dual weapons. (40+3/43+3/46+3/49+3/52+3/55+3/58+3/60+2/62+2/64+2/66+2/68+2/70+2/72+2/74+2)
- Focus Mind (6) - Increases one's MP Recovery Speed. (36/43/49/55/64/72)
- Heavy Armor Mastery (15) - Increases one's P. Def. when one is wearing heavy armor. (20+3/24+3/28+3/32+3/36+3)
- Shadow Sense (1) - Increases Accurancy at night (15)
- Armor Mastery (5) - Increases P.def for heavy / P.def and Evasion for light armor. (5/10+2/15+2)
- Weapon Mastery (3) - Attack power increases. (5/10/15)
On c-grade, full plate set would be optimal as the other heavy sets offer no bonus that is worth the lesser pdef. On b-grade, blue wolf heavy is the set of choice - and it looks damned good on darkelves, too, especially with dual samurai longsword. On a-grade like always one has a broad selection of good options; Tallum is probably the best one.
Dual Swords up to b-grade can be made with materials from the shop (and crystals or later a dual craft stamp). The real problem is then however to get an a-grade dual sword, because for that you have to get TWO swords (can be Keshanberk and Damascus). And while you can safetly keep other weapons at +3 and give them a crystal for the SA, with dual swords you have to overenchant to +4 and in doing so you risk breaking your weapon, however if you succeed they will bestow additional effects stated on the weapon.
Bladedancers need the following spellbooks: Level 40: Hex.
Bladedancers are quite okayish soloplayers, but why go solo him if parties are so much more effective and Bladedancers are usually very welcome in them.
Bladedancers are a special class that combines group buffs with considerable offensive fighting power. On itself the class is already not that bad, but their real power only appears in groups, because many dances stack with effects from normal buffers. Additionally, they have a number of debuffs against opponents like Hex etc.
Bladedancers specialize into the use of dual swords. They can only use heavy armor effectively.