This page describes the Sudden Mission system.
Sudden Missions can be obtained suddenly (hence its name) while being online. It is selected randomly within a fixed list.
- Character Level 33 and above
- Up to 3 clears daily per character (can be increased by certain events)
- Spawn Conditions
- Phase 0: 30 minutes since the previous sudden mission ended (either completed, timed out or cancelled), elapses even when offline.
- Phase 1: After Phase 0, every 5 minutes when online, a sudden mission can appear at a certain rate. Only 1 sudden mission can appear at a time. Characters at certain maps (such as Ardentmill) cannot receive sudden missions, but the chance will activate as soon as the character enters a map that allows sudden missions to be received.
- To be safe, any map that you can teleport from will probably allow sudden missions to be received.
Sudden mission spawn conditions are separate per character.
Sudden Missions List
All sudden missions have a time limit of 30 minutes. Failure to complete it does not reduce the available clear counts for the day. There are 3 tiers of sudden missions, each with an increasing difficulty.
- Tier 1
- Defeat 100 monsters within level range
- Achieve 100 combo kills
- Achieve 15 multi kills
- Start a rune in the field once
- Enter a burning field (character must not be in a burning field for this quest to appear)
- Enter a hidden portal (towns excluded, hidden portal refers to yellow ovals that appear when you go near the spot, transparent portals are excluded)
- Tier 2
- Defeat 200 monsters within level range
- Defeat 300 monsters within level range
- Achieve 200 combo kills
- Achieve 300 combo kills
- Achieve 25 multi kills
- Achieve 50 multi kills
- Defeat 1 Elite Monster/Champion
- Defeat 2 Elite Monsters/Champions
- Entered Flame Wolf portal
- Entered Bounty portal
- Tier 3
- Defeat 3 Elite Monsters/Champions
When a sudden mission is completed, you have to claim the reward within 60 seconds. You need 1 Use slot and 1 Etc slot to be empty to claim the reward.
A random item is awarded within the list below. The chance for each set of reward is unequal. Items are tradeable and permanent unless specified otherwise.
- 100 Spell Traces
- 200 Spell Traces
- 300 Spell Traces
- 100,000 mesos
- 500,000 mesos
- 1,000,000 mesos
- 5,000,000 mesos
- 10,000,000 mesos
- 30,000,000 mesos
- 50,000,000 mesos
- 100,000,000 mesos
- 1 Suspicious Cube
- 1 Yellow Cube (expires in 7 days)
- 1 Purple Cube (expires in 7 days)
- 500 Mileage Coupon (untradeable, expires in 7 days)
- 4 Equip Slots Expansion Ticket (tradeable within account, expires in 7 days)
- 4 Use Slots Expansion Ticket (tradeable within account, expires in 7 days)
- 4 Etc Slots Expansion Ticket (tradeable within account, expires in 7 days)
- 4 Set-up Slots Expansion Ticket (tradeable within account, expires in 7 days)
In addition, based on the difficulty tier of the sudden mission completed, a varying amount of EXP is awarded.
- Tier 1: 210 times Monster Base Default EXP
- Tier 2: 315 times Monster Base Default EXP
- Tier 3: 420 times Monster Base Default EXP
Monster Base Default EXP refers to the EXP awarded without any EXP multipliers and map multipliers by a monster of the same character level.