Domination Mode is essentially an exhibition mode where up to four players can join. After selecting a few options you will be ready to play.
Setting the Rules
The first screen has three options to setup the game.
This will set the computer AI difficulty if you are playing against computers.
- Level 1: Rookie
- Level 2: Professional
- Level 3: Superstar
- Level 4: Legend
- Level 5: Megastriker
Set Series Length
This option allows you to make a best of series. You can pick up to 1, 3, 5, 7, or best of 9. For example, if you picked Best of 3, whoever wins 2 games first would win the series.
Set Game Length
Here you have two options. You can have the game be a set number of minutes between two to five, or you can have the game end after a set amount of points have been scored, between three and ten. If you choose to have the game timed and the game is tied when time is up, the game will go into Sudden Death which means the next goal wins.
While on the first screen you can press to go to the cheat menu. At first no cheats are available, but as you complete Striker Challenges more will be unlocked. Press to go back to the previous menu. These cheats only work in Domination Mode and in Wi-Fi Connection if you play with someone that you have exchanged friend codes with.
The following cheats are unlockable through Striker Challenges:
- Classic Mode - No items or Megastrikes
- Safe Megastrike - No one can interfere except the goalie while attempting a Megastrike
- Super Captain - Every item you receive is the Captain's special item
- High Voltage - Any character that gets close to the electric fence will be shocked
- Devastating Hits - All characters gain the power of a Power character when attempting a Big Hit
- No Power Ups - No items appear
- Secure Stadium - No outside effects occur in the stadium such as the Wind from Thunder Island
- Power Shortage - Electric fences are turned off
- Field Tilt - Whenever a team scores a goal, the field tilts towards their side
- Always White Ball - The ball is always fully charged
- Always Sidekick Skillshot - Except for one-timer shots, every shot taken by sidekicks will be a skillshot no matter how long you charge it for.
- Custom Power Ups - Lets you select which power ups are available
Choose Characters and Stadium
Now you will select a captain, three sidekicks, and a stadium to play in. You will select which captain is home team and away team, then pick which players will be on what team.
The following captains are unlocked by default:
The following captains are unlockable:
- Bowser Jr.
- Petey Piranha
All sidekicks are unlocked by default. You have a choice of eight sidekicks:
- Shy Guy
- Hammer Bro
- Monty Mole
- Dry Bones
The following stadiums are available by default:
- The Vice
- Thunder Island
- The Sand Tomb
- The Classroom
- Classic: The Underground
- Classic: The Palace
- Classic: Pipeline Central
- Classic: Bowser Stadium
- Classic: Crater Field
- Classic: The Battle Dome
- Classic: Konga Coliseum
The following stadiums are unlockable:
- The Lava Pit
- The Wastelands
- Crystal Canyon
- The Dump
- Stormship Stadium
- Galactic Stadium