Choose two captains and form teams and play for one game with customized settings.
Teams formed in Exhibition mode
This is a list of teams formed by each captain. Default teams are formed when there is more type players that are different than the captain's on the team. Majority teams are formed when the captain has more type characters that are the same as that captain on the team. Requirement teams are formed when you have the three to four specific characters on that captain's team.
- Mario Heroes (Default)
- Mario Fireballs (Balance Majority)
- Mario Sunshines (Luigi, Monty Mole, Pianta, Noki)
- Mario All-Stars (Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Bowser)
- Luigi Gentleman (Default)
- Luigi Vacuums (Balance Majority)
- Luigi Mansioneers (Bowser, Toad, Boo, King Boo)
- Luigi Leapers (Daisy, Diddy Kong, Waluigi, Baby Luigi)
- Peach Roses (Default)
- Peach Dynasties (Technique Majority)
- Peach Monarchs (Daisy, Toad, Toadsworth, Toadette)
- Peach Princesses (Mario, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Baby Mario)
- Daisy Lilies (Default)
- Daisy Cupids (Balance Majority)
- Daisy Queen Bees (Peach, Toadette, Dixie Kong, Noki)
- Daisy Petals (Wario, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Petey Piranha)
- Wario Garlics (Default)
- Wario Steakheads (Power Majority)
- Wario Greats (Waluigi, King Boo, Magikoopa, Petey Piranha)
- Wario Beasts (Donkey Kong, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Hammer Bro)
- Waluigi Mystiques (Default)
- Waluigi Smart-Alecks (Technique Majority)
- Waluigi Flankers (Wario, Dry Bones, King Boo, Magikoopa)
- Waluigi Mashers (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Toadsworth)
- Yoshi Eggs (Default)
- Yoshi Speed Stars (Speed Majority)
- Yoshi Islanders (Birdo, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Shy Guy)
- Yoshi Flutters (Paragoomba, Koopa Paratroopa, Boo, King Boo)
- Birdo Beauties (Default)
- Birdo Models (Balance Majority)
- Birdo Bows (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad)
- Birdo Fans (Yoshi, Shy Guy, Goomba, Koopa Troopa)
- DK Explorers (Default)
- DK Wild Ones (Power Majority)
- DK Kongs (Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Goomba, Koopa Troopa)
- DK Animals (Yoshi, Bowser, Monty Mole, Petey Piranha)
- Diddy Survivors (Default)
- Diddy Ninjas (Speed Majority)
- Diddy Tails (Yoshi, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Boo)
- Diddy Red Caps (Mario, Birdo, Baby Mario, Toadette)
- Bowser Flames (Default)
- Bowser Blue Shells (Power Majority)
- Bowser Monsters (Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, Hammer Bro)
- Bowser Blackstars (Wario, Waluigi, Hammer Bro, Petey Piranha)
- Jr. Fangs (Default)
- Jr. Bombers (Power Majority)
- Jr. Pixies (Diddy Kong, Shy Guy, Goomba, Boo)
- Jr. Rookies (Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi)
Pick four characters to battle within 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 turns. One player is the pitcher, the other is the batter, and the remaining two are fielders. The goal is to finish the game with more coins than the opponents. When the batter gets a hit, he/she gets to go again. When the pitcher strikes out the batter, he/she becomes the batter. When the fielder catches the ball, it is an out and that fielder becomes the batter. The batter get coins when the ball lands on the field. When the ball lads on a "?", a slot appears and the batter gets to steal coins depending on the image shown three times. The batter loses coins to the fielders and pitcher if you have three Bob-ombs. Spiny gives the batter the leader's coins. Sometimes the batter may get coins twice when it lands on the field and grabbed by the fielder.
This is a list of mini games available to play:
- Bob-omb Derby - Beat the target score by hitting Bob-ombs into the sky for fireworks. You get 10 Bob-ombs.
- Wall Ball - Finish the game with more coins than your opponents for three turns by pitching to break the walls. The "musical note" wall gives the pitcher 100 coins when hit last. You lose half of your coins to other players if you break the Bowser wall last.
- Chain Chomp Sprint - Run around the bases in one minute to collect the gems while the Chain Chomp sleeps. You lose ten gems if you are still running when the Chain Chomp wakes up.
- Piranha Panic - Finish the game with more points than your opponents within one minute by throwing eggs at the Piranha Plant with matching colors. You get knocked out by a fireball if you throw the egg at the wrong Piranha Plant. The giant purple Piranha Plant gets hit by any egg. Make sure to duck when it spits fireballs at you.
- Barrel Batter - Beat the target score by breaking the aligned barrels of the same color. You get 15 balls.
- Star Dash (unlockable) - Run across the field to collect more coins than your opponent within one minute. The star gives you invincibility and steal coins from other players you touch. Mushrooms speed up the player while Cursed Mushrooms slow down the player.
- Mario Grand Prix (unlockable) - Play minigames and win them all to earn a gold medal.