- Original name (Japanese): Rockman
- Former name: Rock
- Serial number: DL No.01
- Year of creation: 2006
- Height: 132 cm (4'4")
- Weight: 105 kg (230 lbs)
- Installed capacity: 1500 ps; 1200 r/m
- Torque capacity: 220 kg*m; 8500 r/m
- Artificial intelligence fixed age: 10 years
- Strength: Rock possesses a strong sense of justice.
- Weakness: He can sometimes be a little careless.
- Likes: Animals.
- Dislikes: Anything that disturbs peace.
When Wily revolted in December of 2008 (see Mega Man), Rock volunteered to be converted into the fighting robot that became known as Mega Man in order to stop the scientist and his new army, knowing that the world's armies were not ready for the threat that Wily posed.
However, with Wily's new army out wreaking havoc on the world and seeking revenge against him, Rock must prepare to go after him once again. He was ready to live in peace, but he must go after Wily once more to attempt to bring him to justice. Will he be able to stop him this time?
Dr. Thomas Light
- Also Known As: Dr. Wright and Dr. Right
- Born: Circa 1958
- Died: Circa 2040
- Strength: Light is a good-natured person.
- Weakness: He is easily tricked.
- Likes: The Internet.
- Dislikes: Fighting/Violence.
He doesn't want to see Dr. Wily killed or crushed, but rather, he wants to have him brought to his senses so that all this madness will finally come to an end. If this occurs, Wily would be back to normal and Rock would no longer have to be used as a war machine, but he still fears that this day would be a long way off.
Dr. Albert W. Wily
- Born: Circa 1958
- Died: Circa 2040
- Strength: Wily is a genius (especially as a scientist)
- Weakness: He never gives up
- Likes: Taking over the world
- Dislikes: Admitting defeat
In the end, the lab assistant-turned-fighter known as Mega Man brought him to justice, but Wily refused to give up. Thus, six months later, in mid-2009, Wily hatched a scheme to get his revenge on his former colleague and his prized creation and once again make a bid for world domination. He built a brand-new citadel from which to rule a newly built army of robot henchmen and, to top it all off, he built eight of his own Robot Masters, which began what would become known as the Doctor Wily series of robots, registered as DWN and starting with DWN. 009 because Wily is co-credited with the creation of DRN. 000-008.
Will this mad man ever stop?
- DL No.00 Proto Man (Blues)
You'll fight this mysterious red robot three times, and he'll also appear in twice more later in the game. He is weak against the Shadow Blade, but the Arm Cannon has far better range.
- Magnet Man and Shadow Man Stages: Simply rapid fire with your arm cannon, dodging him. He'll retreat before too long.
- Hard Man Stage: Same routine here, but there's a hill in the arena, which makes it harder to rapid fire.
Breakman's head is different from Protoman's head. Furthermore, Breakman's weaknesses are different from Protoman ones: he is immune to all weapons except for the Arm Cannon. Still, they are canonically considered the same and one character.
- Break Man Stage: A short stage which is just fighting him. Again, just rapid fire with the Arm Cannon.
|Break Man||Proto Man|
Once all Robot Masters have been defeated, the Doc Robot makes his debut at four revisited versions of previously cleared stages and you have to duel him twice in each level. To make matters worse, each encounter has him using the patters and abilities of one of the eight Robot Masters from the second game.
Robots by Dr. Light
The robot masters that appear in Mega Man 1 are given an in-game description during the ending of Mega Man 3.