Hard Man's stage is quite similar to Guts Man's stage. Mega Man will travel through excavated tunnels, dealing with construction robots as well as giant bees that drop a cluster of smaller bees to attack. Proto Man also makes an appearance in this level, and is a bit harder to deal with due to the layout of the room.
Save the Magnet Missile for the boss fight. Use the other weapons freely; the Shadow Blade is probably the most useful, but the Spark Shock can come in handy, too.
- 3 large and 3 small E-capsules
- 1 Energy Can
Enemies list, sorted by appearance:
- Hive Su Bee and Chibees: a big bee carrying a beehive, and a swarm of five smaller bees; the bigger bee is out of reach, the five smaller bees can be defeated with a single Shadow Blade.
- Wanaaan - indestructible bear traps; slide quickly or jump over them.
- Hammer Joe - a green robot that throws hammers; immune to most weapons; hit it 8 times when its red eye is open.
- Returning Monking - a new version of the Monking from Mega Man 2; you can hit it with the Spark Shock and walk under it.
- Pickelman Bull - a Metall on a bulldozer; immune to most weapons.
- Metall - the most iconic enemy in the Mega Man series.
- Bikky - a huge jumping robot; hit it when it's in mid-air; because of its endurance, it is probably easier to stun it with the Spark Shock and walk under it.
- Weakness: Magnet Missile
- Weapon: Hard Knuckle
Seems like every Mega Man game has its resident "big and strong but a little slow" Robot Master. In Mega Man III, that would be Hard Man. The guy will fire boomeranging fists at you, and pound the ground, rendering you immobile even if you're not on the ground.
Hard Man is much simpler than Magnet Man. He will fire two fists that will go towards Mega Man for a distance, then return back to Hard Man. He will then jump into the air above Mega Man and land head first into the ground, causing a shaking that freezes Mega Man. However, he will not attack while Mega Man is frozen as he is stuck in the ground, so this is more of a superficial effect.
Since his body is made of many layers of hard metal, the Magnet Missile can be devastating. Keep your distance, fire, and make sure he doesn't land on you. Magnet Missiles will slam right into his metallic body, wearing his life down very quickly.
In the remake Mega Man The Wily Wars, the Magnet Missile is slower and gets diverted by the Hard Knuckles. Therefore, shoot Hard Man when he is neither shooting nor moving.
Defeating him will give Mega Man the Hard Knuckle, similar to the ones Hard Man used. A large knuckle appears in front of Mega Man and fires straight ahead, moving slowly at first, then accelerating. It can be controlled remotely by holding up or down on the directional pad.
Hard Man is made of ceramic titanium. Hard Man weighs almost three tons.
- Serial Number: DW No.20
- Year of Creation: 2010
- Strength: He can crack hard nuts.
- Weakness: He has lazy bones.
- Likes: Sumo wrestling.
- Dislikes: Swimming.