This will be a visual guide to combat in NetHack:
- how to wield a weapon (press [w] and pick from the inventory)
- how to enhance skills with weapons (NetHack gives you a message; #enhance your skill; mention the upper limit to enhancement, but do not spoil it)
- how to throw objects (press [t], pick an object, use hjklyubn for the direction; you can throw potions, rocks, and miscellaneous items; you can press [Q] to "quiver" an item and throw it with [f])
- how to wield a ranged weapon and fire ammunition (wield bow or sling; optionally put ammo in quiver; throw or fire ammo while wielding the weapon; pick up and recycle ammo)
- how to wield a polearm (press [a] and pick from inventory, then select a target in range)
This is similar in scope to the NetHack Guidebook, but with screenshots.
Ammo test: If you are wielding the correct weapon, you can throw the ammo farther. This is a "spoiler" to anyone who does not know that a bow shoots an arrow farther than your hand.
Also, the fact that there are only eight directions to throw implies that you or a monster can avoid ranged attacks by not being in any of the eight paths. For example, you @ and the kobold k cannot hit each other with spears or arrows:
- This section is a stub. Help us , and you get a cookie.
- Make and upload NetHack screenshots for this section.