|Wii Remote||Wii Remote & Nunchuk||Action|
|+ ( or )||( or ) + ( or )||Run|
- Carry/Shoot: When you want to hold a koopa shell, just walk into it while holding . If you want to carry a different type of item, walk up to it, hold , then . If you want to let go of the item, release .
- Shoot: Press to fire whatever power up you are using.
- Midair Spin: after making a jump to propel yourself in the air, giving you a gliding moment for half a second.
- Ground Pound: Jump in the air and press .
- Slide: When on a slope, press to slide down.
- When using the Penguin suit, run, then press to activate the sliding technique.
- While sliding, you can do a Midair doing after making a jump, but this one is much less durable than the normal one.
- Double Jump/Triple Jump: While Running, jump then press right as Mario lands on the ground to perform a double jump, and do that one last time for a triple jump.
- Wall Jump: When holding onto the wall, press in the direction of the wall, and press to jump off. This technique is used for many of the star coins.
- Swim: In the water, press and hold or , then press to control your height in the water.
- Move A Tilt Lift: The motion controlled platforms. Turn in a certain way to get the Tilt Lifts where you need them.
- When using the penguin suit, come to a complete stop on a flat surface to duck.
- When using the propeller suit, you will go higher than normal. Way higher.
- When using the propeller suit, you will get a very big boost in your jump when you perform the Midair Spin.
- When coming down after using a spin in the Propeller suit, the ground pound is more like a screw attack, much like New Super Mario Bros.' Tornado blue and white spinners.
- The Bubble: Press to enter a bubble, and to get closer to an alive player. Nothing can harm you in the bubble, but you can't harm anything outside of the bubble.
- Lift Other People: Much like the Carry option in single player mode, hold and to pick the player up, and release to throw them.
- Co-Operative Jump: Have a player bounce on another player's head, and let them get a bigger boost in their height.
- Simultaneous Ground Pound: The hardest one to execute. When two or more players ground pound at the same time, the effect is much like a POW Block, but does not affect coins.