|Merged||Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development in 2015|
Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development (or EAD; formerly Research & Development Team 4) is the largest development group inside Nintendo of Japan, under the management of Shigeru Miyamoto, Takashi Tezuka and Takao Sawano. It is currently organized along the lines of the 2004 corporate restructuring, in which members of Nintendo Research & Development were brought into the team in order to bolster its numbers. EAD, as it is also known, currently has about 500 employees.
There are currently six main sub-departments within the EAD division; five at Nintendo's Kyoto headquarters, and one in Tokyo.
- Software Development Group No. 1 is managed by Hideki Konno, and is responsible for the Nintendogs and Mario Kart series.
- Software Development Group No. 2 is managed by Katsuya Eguchi, and is responsible for the Wii series, including Wii Sports, and the Animal Crossing series.
- Software Development Group No. 3 is managed by Eiji Aonuma, and is responsible for both new console and handheld Zelda games.
- Software Development Group No. 4 is managed by Hiroyuki Kimura, and is responsible for the Pikmin series and New Super Mario Bros. series.
- Software Development Group No. 5 is managed by Tadashi Sugiyama, and is responsible for the Wii Fit series.
- The Tokyo Development Group is managed by Takao Shimizu and Yoshiaki Koizumi, and is primarily responsible for 3D Mario platformers.
EAD is best-known for their work on most of Nintendo's biggest franchises, including Mario, Zelda, the Wii series, and many others. The chief exception to this rule is Pokémon, which is handled by other Nintendo developers.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.
- The Legend of Zelda 2: Link no Bouken
- The Legend of Zelda
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Link's Crossbow Training
- Luigi's Mansion