- Credit: The contents of the following table were originally published at www.geocities.com/xesmeraude/blackmantle.html before 2009.
This walkthrough allows to recruit all 18 special characters in a single game.
|Faster walkthrough||Rewarding walkthrough|
|Castle of Warren |
1. Recruit Lans
2. Recruit Warren
|Sharom District |
1. Recruit Canopus
2. Fight Gilbert with Canopus so you can recruit him.
|Pogrom Forest |
1. Do NOT get the "Mercury" (Silver) yet, as it should be saved for the reputation increase you will need to do later.
2. Destroy the neutral Undead characters (Ghosts and Skeletons) of the forests to raise your Alignment to 100.
|Deneb's Garden |
Forgive Deneb, but DO NOT return to her castle so you can save the reputation decrease you will need in the future.
|Slums of Zenobia |
1. Recruit Lyon
2. Recruit Ashe
|Island Avalon |
|Kastolatian Sea |
1. Receive the Brunhild Sword.
2. DO NOT liberate any visible town or Roshiafallen Temple! Leave them alone until you need to return and liberate them for the reputation increase that they offer.
|Valley of Kastro |
|Balmorian ruins |
|City of Malano |
|Temple Shangrila |
Find the Chaos Gate to Shiguld
|Fort Allamoot |
1. Find the Chaos Gate to Shiguld
2. Collect tribute until your Reputation Meter bottoms out (perform "The Saga" side quest at the same time for even more Goth).
|Re-visit Deneb's Garden
1. Make your Opinion Leader kill Level 1 Pumpkins in the light mountains until his/her Alignment drops below 30.
2. Visit Deneb and agree to help her out.
Come into the map with your Opinion Leader's unit classified as High Sky. Send them directly east to the side of the screen, and then wait to see if a flying unit comes after you. If they do not appear, they will capture your home base, causing the game to return to the map select area (big bite of Reputation Meter gone). If they chase you, fly north and then east until a second enemy unit takes your home base. Repeat these steps until your Reputation is at 1/4 full (at the absolute most) to completely empty.
|Re-visit Diaspola |
Buy a Golden Bough
|Re-visit Deneb's Garden
Bring the "Bough" to Deneb to receive the Glass Pumpkin. If your Reputation meter is low enough, she will join your army.
|Re-visit Deneb's Garden |
1. Bring the "Bough" to Deneb to receive the Glass Pumpkin. If your Reputation Meter is low enough, she will join your army.
2. Take on Level 1 Pumpkinheads here to lower your ALI greatly.
Defeat Galf and offer him the Brunhild Sword to get him to join.
1. Defeat Galf and offer him the Brunhild Sword to get him to join.
2. Collect all the great items that Galf receives when he is in your army to make lots of cool characters.
|Re-visit Antalia |
Destroy the neutral Undead characters (Ghosts and Skeletons) of the swamps to raise his/her Alignment to 100.
|Unliberated towns |
1. Visit the Kastolatian Sea to liberate the Towns you passed on before to raise the Reputation meter.
2. Visit any other map where you left Towns for your Opinion Leader to liberate, causing the Reputation Meter to raise until it is full.
|Re-visit Pogrom Forest |
Return here to get the "Mercury" (Silver) once your Reputation Meter has returned to 70% (7/10) full.
|Finish the game |
Now go finish the game with all 18 Special Characters.
|Dragon's Haven |
Start a new game and name your character Fireseal. This extra stage is not for beginners!