Because this game comes from Japan it is almost all in Japanese. Here are a few helpful translations to get you started.
After you've gotten past the title screen, you'll find a simple set of options available on the bottom screen (and cheerleaders dancing on the top screen).
- Single Player. The top-most button lets you start single player games.
- Multiplayer. The button right under the single player button lets you play in multiplayer mode.
- Options. The bottom left button lets you set options, view records, and prepare the tutorial for wireless download.
- Tutorial. The bottom right button begins the tutorial that teaches you how to play Ouendan.
- Rankings. The top left button will let you view the ranks that you have achieved.
- High Scores. The top right button lets you see all your high scores.
- Tutorial Transfer. The bottom left button will send the Ouendan tutorial to another DS for download.
- More Options. The bottom right button lets you choose the hand you play with, and backlight options.
Single Player Menu
- Insane. This first button lets you play in the Insane difficulty mode. This option does not appear until you complete Hard mode.
- Hard. The second option lets you play in the Hard difficulty mode. This option does not appear until you complete Normal mode.
- Normal. The third option lets you play in the Normal difficulty mode. This difficulty option is available by default.
- Easy. This last button lets you play in the Easy difficulty mode. This difficulty option is available by default.