Route 10 is a road important for training, as it leads to Victory Road. It has a river and many trainers. There are also a few new Pokemon here.
- Herdier (Lv. 33-34/38-39)
- Rufflet (Lv. 34-36/39-41, White only)
- Vullaby (Lv. 34-36/39-41, Black only)
- Bouffalant (Lv. 34-35/38-40)
- Throh (Lv. 33-35/38-40)
- Sawk (Lv. 33-35/38-40)
- Foongus (Lv. 34-35)
- Amoonguss (Lv. 39-40, dark grass only)
#626 Bouffalant - This Pokemon looks like a cousin of Tauros, but there isn't otherwise much to it... it's strong and can learn Head Smash at a high level, but there's better Pokemon out there.
#627 Rufflet and #629 Vullaby are related Pokemon, the former White-exclusive and the latter Black-exclusive. Respectively they evolve into Braviary and Mandibuzz, and are Normal/Flying and Dark/Flying. But they're not the best bird Pokemon.
You should battle some trainers to gain experience before the League.
As you enter the route's center, Cheren and Bianca arrive. Cheren will battle you, to see if you're strong enough to defeat the Elite Four.
- Rival Cheren
- Unfezant (Lv. 43, Normal/Flying) Razor Wind, Taunt, Detect, Air Slash
- Liepard (Lv. 43, Dark) Assurance, Taunt, Slash, Night Slash
- if you chose Snivy:
- Simisage (Lv. 43, Grass) Lick, Seed Bomb, Leer, Fury Swipes
- Emboar (Lv. 45, Fire/Fighting) Heat Crash, Flamethrower, Take Down, Assurance
- if you chose Tepig:
- Simisear (Lv. 43, Fire) Lick, Flame Burst, Leer, Fury Swipes
- Samurott (Lv. 45, Water) Aqua Tail, Encore, Slash, Aqua Jet
- if you chose Oshawott:
- Simipour (Lv. 43, Water) Lick, Scald, Leer, Fury Swipes
- Serperior (Lv. 45, Grass) Giga Drain, Slam, Coil, Leaf Blade
Cheren will heal your Pokemon after the battle and Bianca will give you three Max Revives - which you will definitely need soon. Now, up to the Badge Check Gates!
Badge Check Gates
These gates, located in the north-east of Route 10, are all done in a style reminiscent of Unova's gyms. Here, it is necessary to check for all eight gym badges.
Once you have finished the check, you will be at the entrance of Victory Road.