There are many trees along Route 2—if you want to see everything the route has to offer, you'd better bring a Pokémon that knows Cut with you.
Once you've awoken the Snorlax and passed through Diglett's Cave, you'll find yourself in the area where your quest began in Red/Blue/Yellow. All that's left to do is defeat the final three Kanto Gym Leaders, and then head off in search of one final legendary trainer.
Catch a Pikachu (or two)
Like most of the areas in West Kanto, the Pokémon here are very low level, and the Pikachu top out at level 4. So you'll need to grab a Pokémon with False Swipe from your PC in Pewter City (or use lots of Level Balls) if you want a Pikachu or anything else here. Pikachu appear fairly infrequently, so you'll need to put some time into catching one. If you don't have a Pokémon with False Swipe, use low level Pokémon so you don't risk knocking it out.
Get a free Nugget
The recluse in the house south of Diglett's Cave is so happy to get visitors that he'll give you a 5000 Nugget just for dropping by. Item hunters should use the Item Finder to carefully scour the maze of bushes in the west.
|Pikachu appear in Gold and Silver, and the only exception in Crystal is Celadon Casino. They're rare, but get a pair if you can; breeding Pikachu is the only way to get the new Pokémon Pichu. As for Pikachu itself, it is basically unchanged from its more powerful Yellow version.|
- Bug Catcher Ed: 480
- Bug Catcher Doug: 544
- Ariados (lvl. 34, 974 EXP)
- Bug Catcher Rob: 512
- Beedrill (lvl. 32, 1021 EXP)
- Butterfree (lvl. 32, 1021 EXP)
- Nugget - from the man in the house just below Diglett's Cave
- Elixer - east from Diglett's Cave, then south through building
- Dire Hit - Start of Vridian Maze
- PSNcurebery (Tree)
- Max Ether - (Hidden in the eastern tree in an alcove of trees in the maze, directly east from the Max Potion)
- Full Heal (Hidden) - in alcove, in the maze of trees (down then up from Pewter City)
- Max Potion - Near end of forest
- Carbos - Right and then Up from Diglett's Cave
- Full Restore - (Hidden in the top-western tree in a square of trees near the western center of the route)
- Revive - (Hidden) southeast of dire hit in the alcove of trees inside the southern tree.