Field moves are general abilities of most Pokémon (not all of them) that help you clear obstacles and complete objectives. Tap an obstacle to see its strength rating. Each object that can be affected by a Field Move, as well as each Pokémon that can use a field move, has a "rating" of 1, 2 or 3. (For example, a Pokémon with the Field Move Cut 3 can clear an obstacle with the rating of Cut 1, 2 or 3, but a Pokémon with Cut 1 cannot clear an obstacle with a rating of Cut 2 or 3.) There are nine different types of field moves in the game. Each field has a different purpose and set of things it can do. In general:
- Burn: Allows you to set objects like logs on fire.
- Soak: Shoot out water, putting out fires and growing plants.
- Flash: Used to light up dark areas.
- Cut: Slice open objects to clear a path or to find secret areas.
- Crush: Destroy boulders and other objects using brute force.
- Gust: Use strong winds to blow things away or reveal certain Pokémon.
- Recharge: Recharge your Stylus health.
- Cross: Cross over gaps to reach different places.
- Tackle: Push objects.