- This section is a stub. Help us , and you get a cookie.
Character classes and races
There are six different races and four different classes in Pool of Radiance. The party is made of six characters.
You might decide to make a party with one each of the six races, and different combinations of classes (as highlighted in green in the table).
- Any race can be a good thief; a pure thief, though, is the most limited class.
- Humans and dwarves make the best fighters; a dwarf fighter/thief is an excellent warrior who can get multiple attacks and backstab enemies.
- Humans and elves make the best magic-users (mages); an elf mage/thief can be carried on to the next episodes.
- Humans only can become good clerics; a half-elf cleric/mage can provide extra healing and magic, but would be unable to wear armor.
- Any human;
- Any pure thief (especially a halfling, whose maximum fighter level will be further limited to 5);
- An elf mage or thief/mage;
- A dwarf fighter or fighter/thief.
In the sequels, it would be pointless to play with a half-elf or a gnome.
Character portraits are at the player's leisure. You are even free to mix male and female parts.
Bodies may be chosen to suggest the class of the character.