Stat Advice • Stat Builds • Job Stat Bonuses
Active Skills • Passive Skills • Skill Builds
Skill Quests • Job Change Quest
99 str 99 dex 25 agi
If you want to be a pure potion maker: Dex 92 Luk 92 Int 46
Job Stat Bonuses
- Level 1: Damage + 3
- Level 2: Damage + 6
- Level 3: Damage + 9
- Level 4: Damage + 12
- Level 5: Damage + 15
- Level 6: Damage + 18
- Level 7: Damage + 21
- Level 8: Damage + 24
- Level 9: Damage + 27
- Level 10: Damage + 30
- Level 1: Heal Amount +5%
- Level 2: Heal Amount +10%
- Level 3: Heal Amount +15%
- Level 4: Heal Amount +20%
- Level 5: Heal Amount +25%
- Level 6: Heal Amount +30%
- Level 7: Heal Amount +35%
- Level 8: Heal Amount +40%
- Level 9: Heal Amount +45%
- Level 10: Heal Amount +50%
Comment: Unless you plan on never brewing healing potions, it is suggested that you level up this skill.
Job Change Quest
- Allows use of Homunculus in battle.
- Destroys current Homunculus in RO data.
- If embryo item is present, a new homunculus appears. If already living homunculus, calls homunculus back to the owner.
- Level 1: restores 1/5 of health when resurrected.
- Level 2: restores 2/5 of health when resurrected.
- Level 3: restores 1/2 of health when resurrected.
- Level 4: restores 4/5 of health when resurrected.
- Level 5: restores full health when resurrected.
How to Obtain Homunculus
To Obtain a Homunculus you must create a item called an embryo. The ingredients can be purchased for 60k altogether. To make this item you need:
- Yggdrasil Dew
- Seed of Life
- Glass Tube
In Addition to creation:
- Pharmacy level 10
- Potion Creation Guide
The homunculus you get is completely random. There is no possible way to tell what the outcome is when you hatch it. However, if you don't like the homunculus you get, you can make a second embryo and use Rest to kill the first one, then use Call Homunculus to gain the new one. If you still don't like it, repeat this over and over again until you get one you like.
To have the best results in making one of these embryos, it's best to have only luck and dex in your stats.
Once you hatch your homunculus with the skill Call Homunculus, it will become one of four pets:
- Vanilmirth: This homunculus is based on PURE attack and is great for tanks.
- Filir: This homunculus is based on attack yet with a few supportive skills this one is also a great tank. However the Vanilmirth is known to be a better one.
- Amistr: This homunculus is based on PURE defense, known to help its owner more than other homunculus. Not a very great tank for helping others however.
- Lif: This homunculus is based on PURE healing powers. The only homonculus that has A acolyte-like heal. This one is recommended for people who don't have that much money to afford potions.
Each homunculus has different abilities and unique attacks and will come in two different kinds.
Healing the Homunculus in battle
To heal your homunculus in battle, get potion pitcher level 5. Each level uses a different potion which heals a different amount.
- Level 1: Red Potions
- Level 2: Orange Potions
- Level 3: Yellow Potions
- Level 4: White Potions
- Level 5: Blue Potions
Evolving your Homunculus
You need a item called the Philosopher's stone. A very rare item to get. You can get it through the following methods:
- Kill the monsters called Dragon Mutaniod and hopefully it will drop one.
- Kill the monsters called Gemini and hopefully it will drop one.
- Go to the dungeon called Thantos Tower and get one very easy (you must pay a fee and to survive it is recommended to bring a level 99 character).
- Buy one from a merchant vending if one vends it. This is usually the easiest method and usually goes for 2.5m zeny.
Once you obtain this item, your homunculus can evolve. However your homunculus must become loyal Status/Intimacy.
Much like pets, Homunculus require feeding. Feed the Homunculus when its hunger is between 11–25 to get one full point of intimacy. Feeding at the other times will give less than a full point and may even reduce the intimacy. If one forgets to feed the Homunculus, its intimacy will decrease, and it will leave the master if it goes below zero intimacy.
- 1–10% Hunger: 0.5 Intimacy
- 11–25% Hunger: 1.0 Intimacy
- 26–75% Hunger: 0.75 Intimacy
- 76–90% Hunger: -0.05 Intimacy
- 91–100% Hunger: -0.5 Intimacy
Intimacy is crucial for evolution, obtaining the final skill, and AFKing. Intimacy has not been proven to affect Homunculus stat growth. Intimacy points will not show in the Homunculus window. However for each interval of intimacy points the Homunculus has, the window will show:
- 0–3: Hate with a passion
- 4–10: Hate
- 11–100: Awkward
- 101–250: Shy
- 251–750: Neutral
- 751–910: Cordial
- 911–1,000: Loyal
- Manipulating Intimacy
The player dying, the Homunculus dying, or the Homunculus vaporizing does not affect intimacy. Stressing it (other than using ultimate skills) is the only way that to lower its intimacy. One can stress the Homunculus by not feeding it (hunger < 11) or overfeeding it (hunger > 75).
If the player is away from the computer for a full 24 hours of starving, the Homunculus loses 480 Intimacy (24 × 60 ÷ 3 = 480 ÷ 24 = 20 Intimacy lost per hour of starving).
If the player can no longer Call Homunculus or Homunculus Resurrection, then the Homunculus has left its master for good. However, Alchemists are able to create a new Homunculus.
The homunculus is controlled by a .lua AI file. Each player has the ability to write their own custom AI for their homunculus. However, there are certain limitations to exactly what you can script your homunculus to do.
- Your homunculus cannot cast the owner's skills
- You can not auto-feed your homunculus
- You can not auto use items
- You can not auto move your alchemist
- There is no variable for your homunculus' hunger
Many guides exist to assist you in writing your homunculus AI script. If you do not want to write your own script, you can also download AI scripts. Some are MirAI, RampageAI, and GuiderzAI. All of these AI's are easily customizable and much better that the basic script that your homunculus uses by default.