For more information about Goenitz, see his KOF (Orochi Saga) entry.
- First appearance: The King of Fighters '96.
- Other appearances: The King of Fighters 2002 (Console versions).
- Midnight Bliss transformation: he transforms from a priest to a nun wearing a similar outfit.
- Heaven Spell (Athena defeat transformation): a pigeon.
- Makai Spell (Red Arremer defeat transformation): a shadowy, octopus-like creature with one single eye.
Goenitz is a servant of the order of the Orochi. From a young age, he knew he had a duty to revive his lord, and became a priest to meet that end. While many would consider the Orochi a power for evil, Goenitz believes instead that it is the human race that is evil, and that the power of Orochi will cleanse the world, as he explains to Tessa. However, in order for the Orochi to appear, he must find hosts that are worthy of Orochi's power. Goenitz is confident that he will successfully bring about the return of Orochi, and that he may even reside in heaven, as he tells Athena. He recognizes that Demitri's unholy goals are in opposition to his own. Many of the events in KOF '96 are recounted in the dialog between Goenitz and other key members. He wishes to reclaim the Orochi power possessed by Iori, and Kyo wants nothing more to do with the Orochi events. Upon encountering a double of himself, he suspects a trap placed upon him by the Miko priestess Chizuru Kagura. Goenitz is gifted with the power to control wind on some level.
|Shin Aoi Hana: Seiran||+||(perform ×3|
|EXCEED: Shin Yaotome: Mizuchi||+|
|EXCEED: Shin Yaotome: Jissoukoku||+|