If you're ready for a tournament, here are a few more tips to get you up to speed:
- Know what your special move can do and when to use it. Not every character has a powerful special move and it could be easily countered.
- You can lob shot if your opponent is too close to the net, and drop shot if your opponent is away from the net.
- The serve meter is there to measure the power of the shot. A very fast shot could get you an ace if you get lucky.
- You can control the ball after you hit it.
Wii Sports introduced the motion control way of playing tennis. The other game is Mario Power Tennis. Unlike the traditional way, you have to be full of energy and in control because the sensor bar is there to register your movements.
- If you're using the standard Wii Remote, with or without Nunchuk, flick up to throw the ball up and flick down to hit the ball.
- Don't hit the ball too early or too late. It's not a good idea to be aggressive while playing the game because you could end up getting beat by waving your Wii Remote like a madman. Relaxing while hitting the ball will eventually let you win the match without putting any stress on yourself.