From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
Each time a character levels up, the player is presented with a choice of attributes of that character to improve.
- Strength — Increases damage dealt by a normal, non-magical attack.
- Agility — Increases the probability that enemy attacks will miss. Also, many spells have an agility threshold that must be reached before they can be learned.
- Vitality — Increases HP and defense, lowering the damage taken by each attack.
- Intelligence — Increases damage dealt by magic, lowers damage received from enemy magic, and increases the probability that enemy magic will miss. Also, many spells have an intelligence threshold that must be reached before they can be learned.
- Spirit — Increases the effect of non-offensive magic.
- Luck — Increases the probability of a "critical hit" and lowers the occurrence of traps in treasure chest "roulette" wheel.