These moves can be executed right from the beginning.
- Punch: Push while stationary.
- Kick: Push when just out of punching range.
- Block: Push when an enemy throws a punch.
- Neck Grab: Get very close to an enemy and push .
- Back Grab: Press when close behind an enemy, or do a Neck Grab and then push plus the direction you are facing.
- Stomp: When your enemy has fallen on the ground, get close to it and push .
- Pick-up Grab: When your enemy has fallen on the ground, stand over it and push to grab it and lift it up.
These moves are learned upon reaching a particular level (as indicated in parenthesis).
- Slick Punch (L2): push when an enemy is stunned to knock them to the ground.
- Slick Kick (L4): push when an enemy is stunned but just out of punching range.
- Jump Kick (L6): jump () then push + (any direction). The longer you hold the further your kick will carry you. If you and an enemy both jump kick each other whoever is high enough to miss the foot of the other will hit the target but take no damage. This attack can hit prone enemies.
- Pin Punch (L10): stand over a fallen enemy and push to pin them, then hit repeatedly to pummel them. This attack deals great damage.
- Throw (L13): grab an enemy and push plus the opposite direction to the one you're facing. Thrown enemies can collide with upright enemies.
- Low Blow (L16): push and hold .
- Brain Bound (L23): push when you're just about to hit the ground to do a drop kick. This attack can hit prone enemies.
- Mach Punch (L27): push rapidly. After the initial one-two punch you will do a fast flurry of punches. This is one of the most powerful attacks in the game—it can take a huge slice off an enemy's life bar. It can be blocked, but it's very likely that some enemies will lower their guard and try to attack you during this move.
- Suplex (L32): do a Back Grab and then push +.