The Iroquois Confedaration was a union of up to six Native American tribes, which managed to survive despite centuries of hardship against European settlers before finally ending with the creation of the United States of America. It is led by Hiawatha, the legendary chief of the Onondaga Indians who helped form the Iroquois Confederation. The Iroquois civilization thrives in wooded land, their units being able to move freely through Forests and Jungles within their territory with their Unique Ability. Their remaining unique components also benefit from the presence of Forests and Jungles in some way, making the conservation of wooded tiles helpful for victory.
- The Great Warpath - Units move through Forest and Jungle tiles in friendly territory as if on a Road. These tiles also function as Trade Routes once the relevant technology is researched.
- Cost: 75 Production / 150 Faith
- Type: Melee
- Combat Strength: 14
- Movement Points: 2
- Prerequisites: Iron Working technology
- Obsolete with: Gunpowder
- Upgrades into: Longswordsman
- Replaces Swordsman
- +33% combat bonus in Forest or Jungle tiles, does not require Iron
- Cost: 100 Production
- +2 Gold, +2 Production, 1 Engineer Specialist slot
- Prerequisites: Metal Casting technology
- Replaces Workshop
- 20 Production cheaper, no +10% Production bonus, grants +1 Production from every worked Forest tile