The Queen's Peril
Upon entering Thorntail Hollow from the passage from Snowhorn Wastes, you will hear a female softly crying. Tricky instantly recognizes the voice as his mother's and runs off to her. Go down the ladder on the left and head to the Queen Earthwalker's lair. (There are Sharpclaws in this area now, so be careful.)
Fox is talking with Peppy when entering the Queen's lair and thinks that his mission is complete. Peppy does not think so, on account that the planet is still not together. Fox then sees the queen in pain, and ends the transmission. Fox wants to know to help her. Tricky tells him that they need to find White GrubTubs, and lots of them.
To search for White GrubTubs, you will need the Firefly Lantern. It is for sale at the Thorntail Store. Head to the shop, and go through the center entrance through the main room. It is the first item on the right and costs 20 scarabs. Unfortunately, you cannot reduce the price, so you will need to pay in full.
Look for a large, circular, stone structure near the entrance to the Snowhorn Wastes passage. You will need Tricky's Find Secret ability to dig a tunnel through the dirt wall. Once in the structure, Fox will tell Tricky to stay behind.
Go down the ladder to the lower level. Head into the next room directly in front of you. Look at the small clearing in the middle of the water. It is a Bomb Spore planting patch. Plant a spore there and blow the plant up. (If you need spores, the is a Bomb Spore Plant at the opposite end of the room.) The water on this floor will be drained and an entrance to an underground chamber is revealed. Enter it.
Head down to the lower level of the chamber, jump to the platform in the middle, and receive the second staff upgrade: the Rocket Boost. Exit the chamber.
Head back to the first room on the lower level you entered. Face the ladder. Now, look for a small, gray pad in the northwest part of the room. That is a Rocket Booster Pad. You will use this, along with the Rocket Boost, to reach higher ground. Once at the upper ledge, follow the path to the next room.
Look at the "bridge" between the two upper ledges. In the middle, the is a Bomb Spore plnting patch. Plant a spore there and blow up the plant. A block will drop from that bridge. Head back down to the lower level and push the block to the black switch near the gate.
Once the gate is open, talk to the lone Thorntail in the center. Once he moves, you will find that he was sitting on a Bomb Spore planting patch. Plant a spore there and blow the plant up. Climb down the ladder to the level below.
The depths of Thorntail Hollow
Upon entering this room, you will find the first White Grubtub to the left, beside a mushroom. Stun it and collect it. Head down the trail to a four-way intersection of paths. Keep going straight, collect some Fireflies, and take the dark path to the left. (Use fireflies with .) Collect the second White GrubTub. Look for a Bomb Spore planting patch next to the stone column in the center of the room. Plant a spore there and blow the plant up. The column will be lowered. Head out of the room, back to the intersection and take the path on your right (the non-dark one.) Use the rocket boost to get up the ledge and collect the third White Grub-Tub. Take the path on the left, cross the dark gap, and collect two more White Grub-Tubs. Destroy the Bomb Spore Plant, go back to the intersection, and take the path on the left (the dark one.) Look for a Bomb Spore planting patch on the right (beside a wall.) Plant a spore there and blow the plant up. In the next room, you will find the last White GrubTub. Once you collect it, you are free to exit the Thorntail Hollow Underground.
The Queen's Story
Return to the Queen's lair. After feeding the White Grubtubs to her, she will thank you for saving her, and her son as well. Fox then asks for an explanation as to what's going on.
All this turmoil the planet is facing is the work of General Scales and the Sharpclaw army, a gang of dinosaur pirates who wish to rule the planet. There are items that hold the planet together known as Spellstones, and their resting places where the "Forcepoint Temples." Scales removed them from the temples, and as a result, the planet was torn apart.
Fox understands the situation at hand. To his surprise, the Queen wishes for Tricky to remain with him, on account of his knowledge of the planet and his sidekick skills. Fox warns Tricky about the task at hand. Tricky eagarly accepts the offer anyways.
Scales was last seen in DarkIce Mines. She knows the gatekeeper and requests that you see him. She also gives you a key the Sharpclaw left behind when they attacked her.
Before heading back to Snowhorn Wastes, consider tackling these sdequests.
Staff Energy Upgrade
Throughout the course of the game, you can search for underground chambers that contain upgrades to extend your Staff Energy Meter. There is one hidden in Thorntail Hollow. Face the entrance to the shop. Carefully examine the right wall, and you should find a Rocket Boost Pad at the foot of it. Use it to get onto the roof of the store. You should immediately notice a Bomb Spore Planting Patch directly in front of you. Plant a spore there and blow up the plant. Once inside the newly revealed room, look around the room. You should notice four red squares. Shoot them all with the Fire Blaster, and a green light will shoot from the ground. Enter it. Head down the hamber to the lower level. Get on the pad in the center and press to receive an energy extension.
Now that your Scarab Bag can hold more money, consider buying these items from the shop in Thorntail Hollow. They are all in the room that you can enter by going through the central entrance in the main room.
- Bafomdad Holder: In the center of the room, you will see a bag with a depiction of creature on it. That is the Baomdad Holder. Bafomdads are creatures whose powers can restore life. If you die and you have a bafomdad with you, you will brought back to full health. Until now, you could only carry one, but with this bag, you can carry ten. The price is 20 scarabs, and you cannot reduce it.
- Hi-Def Display Device: This is the second item on the left. Slippy had trouble airing these goggles down to the surface, and the shopkeeper found them first. These googles are used whenever you use . You can zoom in and out with these. They cost 20 scarabs, but you can work out a deal with the shopkeeper.
- Tricky's Ball: This is the third item on the left (next to the Hi-Def goggles.) Whenever you want to play with Tricky, you can use this ball to play fetch with him. If you do it many times, he will change colors. It is 15 scarabs but again, you can work out a price.
Recall the Warp Stone telling you about a maze. In the center of it is a well that you can throw Cheat Tokens into. Contrary to their name, these tokens do not offer actual game cheats, but can unlock new functions in the main menu. Throughout Dinosaur Planet, there are wells that will ask you to give them 20 scarabs, and they will give you a cheat token. There are two you can find now.
- Thorntail Store: The well is located in the main room.
- Ice Mountain: Head out of the cavern you entered the area from. Head to the opposite end of the path. There is a Bomb Spore planting patch next to a wall. Plant a spore there and blow the plant up. You will find a well in the revealed cave.
- (2, Thorntail Hollow) - Face the entrance to the shop. Carefully examine the right wall, and you should find a Rocket Boost Pad at the foot of it. Use it to get onto the roof of the store. Take the trail to the left. You will find two fuel cells at the end.
- (2, Ice Mountain) - Head out of the cavern you entered the area from. Then head towards the opposite end of the path. There is a Bomb Spore planting patch next to a wall. Plant a spore there and blow the plant up. You will find two fuel cells in the revealed cave.
- (2, Ice Mountain) - Recall the cave the Sharpclaw took Tricky into to torture him. There are two fuel cells in that cave.