Gold Medal Strategy
- Difficulty: 6/10
- Recommended Craft: Y-Wing
Keep your wings in formation in the asteroid field. Avoid any asteroids, and steer your wings away from asteroids to. Keep heading towards your objective, and on your way you should see tankers. Destroy every one, starting with the left. Head back towards your objective. When you see the shield, send your wings out against the fighters to keep them off you. Quickly disable 3 generators.
When you get to the planet, head for the prison building. Keep your wings in formation the entire mission. Bomb the 2 groups of AT-PTs on your way. After clearing the guns there, move on to the weapons storage. Destroy 3 AT-PT groups on your way there. Clear out the guns, and destroy the 3 AT-PTs on your way to the relay. Also destroy a group by the far left gun protecting the relay. Once you get there, attack the sensors. Head for the hanger, and gain altitude so you can see every AT-PT group possible. Bomb every one that isn't drastically out of your way. You should get about 6 or 7 of them. Then take out the hanger guns, and protect the shuttle. Keep your wings in form and take out the fighters that attack it. Only aim when you have a clear shot though, as you need to keep the accuracy high. With any luck you'll get the gold.
- The tankers in the Asteroid Field take lots of hits.
- The Lambda shuttles take quite a few as well, if you see one.
- The gun towers are virtually invincible to laser fire.
- The only buildings that increase accuracy are the sensor dishes you have to destroy.
- The Cluster Proton Bombs are not necessary.
- Only shoot at TIEs if you have a good shot.
- Most Buildings and all asteroids don't count as kills.
- When you reach the satellite dishes and you're low in bombs. You kamikaze. (after you use up all of the bombs). That's it. I know that sounds stupid, but it saves you time instead of waiting for your bombs to recharge. The gold metal allows you to have a death like the Battle of Endor and Razor Rendozous. That's just a little thing I noticed.
- Time: 9:19
- Enemies: 63
- Accuracy: 75%
- Friendlies Lost: 2
- Lives Lost: 1
- Targeting Comuter Efficiency: 75%