Gold Medal strategy
- Difficulty: 7/10
- Recommended Craft: Slave1
This craft has one more use before being put on the scrap heap. Start out by attacking the 2 fighters on the far left of the radar. These 2 TIE Interceptors will quickly destroy you if you don't take them out first. Turn back towards the transport to see 5 TIE Fighters coming in. Cluster them, and turn straight ahead to cluster the 5 TIE squad. Turn left towards the mountains. Wait until the 2 ship squad on the left and the 3 ship squad approaching from the right are fairly near each other, and take them out with 1 cluster. Head back towards the transport, and look straight ahead. You should spot 2 TIE Fighters a fair way off. Cluster them, and look to the mountain to your right. Cluster the other 2 TIE Interceptors fast approaching. Wait until 2 squads of fighters converge near the engines, and cluster them. Head back to the transport, and get a fair distance behind it. 2 more fighters should attack. Finish them off to eliminate all fighter threat for now. Fire all remaining clusters at the Star Destroyer to eliminate as many guns as possible.
You have the same speed as the transport while braking, so get on its right side near the front. That way you'll immediately switch craft after the custscene. Tell your wings to stay in formation and quickly wrap up all 3 AT-ATs. Switch to the Y-Wing. Head towards the bow of the ship, and bomb the 3 Troopers with E-Web blasters on the way. Drop about 3 bombs near the front of the ship to take out virtually every troop there. Start bombing AT-PTs, with your wings in form. If there's only 1 or 2 in a group, don't bother to use a bomb - simply laser them. Sometime the ground troops will ask you what to do. Tell them to attack the AT-PTs. The next time they ask, tell them to defend. This will drag out the mission until right before the required time. Continue to bomb AT-PTs until they ask you to breach the hull. Hopefully you have at least 10 bombs. Drop all but 3 on the hull. Then use those remaining 3 or 4 on the turbolasers on the far side of the ship. Go back to bombing AT-PTs until the commandos tell you they're all gone.
At this point, go engage the fighters. You need to keep your accuracy up, so only shoot if you have a good shot.
Gold Medal Requirements
- Time: 9:55
- Enemies: 100
- Accuracy: 27
- Friendlies Lost: 2
- Lives Lost: 0
- Targeting Computer Efficiency: 85%
- If there's only a few AT-PTs in a group, use lasers instead of having the clusters from a bomb miss.
- The Star Destroyer's Turbolasers take quite a few hits to kill.
- AT-ATs are here again, so you can raise your accuracy with them.
- Only shoot at TIEs if you've got a clear shot.
- Fire all your clusters at the Star Destroyer right before you land for gun kills.
- Kill all the troopers at the front of the ship with a bomb or two.
- Try to conserve bombs to take out the Destroyer's hull in one pass.
- If there's no enemies to kill for the time being, shoot any remaining guns with lasers.