User Description I accept this nomination and look forward to joining. --IsaacGS 18:35, 20 July 2007 (CDT)
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve StrategyWiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with?
- A: Watching out for vandalism, moving/deleting/renaming, the usual stuff I guess.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to StrategyWiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: For one that I have worked on by myself, I feel that Knuckles Chaotix is pretty nice. But of course, my main contributions revolve around the MapleStory article. I watch all the websites in every language to make sure it's the most up-to-date MapleStory information resource around, and through my posts at forums I feel I have drawn a lot of traffic here.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: Other than vandals, no. That rash of vandalism a while back did get on my nerves a little, but it was settled. I try to get new contributors to help all the time, and help them with markup and such (though it's normally handled via PMs on forums). If it is possible to reform them, then naturally that's better than blocking them from editing.
- General comments
- I only had a basic understanding of the languages and such when I started here, but I feel I've learned a lot about it through trial and error (and many talks with Prod). I first started editing here because I loved looking at the monsters and the information and I wanted to help get the information more accurate and broader. Now I use this all the time for all sorts of games, and I'd love to help it grow as an Admin.
Please keep criticism constructive and polite.
- Wkkim9292 (talk · contribs) - You have been working hard on StrategyWiki for last few months. I will be very happy to see you as an admin.
- Skizzerz (talk · contribs) - You have learned (the hard way, many of times) the vast majority of StrategyWiki's policies and are applying them well. Everyone has their bad moments, but your good ones by far outshine them. I look forward to you being a sysop!
- Prod (talk · contribs) - Adminship is all about knowing the policies. Because of the size of the MS guide, you get to see plenty of the stuff acted upon (though we have hijacked the Header Nav, somewhat against policy :P). You've also made your own guide meaning you know how stuff is supposed to look/work. I say, welcome to the team :)
- Hurricane (talk · contribs) - I've been here for almost a month and I saw that you made so many things to make Strategy Wiki better. And, you helped me so much, you answered every question I had (Questions about Strategy Wiki). So I say, why not?
- Dukeruckley (talk · contribs) - I'm actually kind of surprised you hadn't been nominated before this point! You have done a lot of work on Maple Story and I've seen how easily and professionally you handle vandals, so it's a definite support from me. Welcome aboard!
- Lunar Knight (talk · contribs) - Well, I have seen your efforts, and in my belief you are deserving of sysopness. Good luck.
- Notmyhandle (talk · contribs) - Whenever I think MapleStory, I think of Isaac. He's had a major influence on this website and I know he'll make a great addition.
- Baejung92 (talk · contribs) - I know for a fact that Maplestory is one of (if not the) best guides around, and while I haven't worked directly with you, I see your numerous edits all the time (when I check recent changes).
- Froglet (talk · contribs) - Sure, I haven't personally worked with you on your guides, but you're always around, editing even the little things, correcting and improving as you go along. Keep it up and good luck.