- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here:
- I accept, and thank you for the nom. A couple of times I've had to disappear for extended periods of time for personal reasons, but aside from real life issues, I certainly spend a good amount of time here and wouldn't mind devoting some of that time to sysop duties. - Koweja 12:25, 6 March 2008 (CST)
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve StrategyWiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with?
- A: Pretty much whatever needs to be done as issues come up. I'm working on guides for the Castlevania series, but I'm usually looking through other guides as well for vandalism and general cleanup issues. I've noticed that there's a fair number of images and categories that need to be renamed to conform to our naming conventions, and that's something I would be willing to work on.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to StrategyWiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Definitely Castlevania: Circle of the Moon as it's my first StrategyWiki original guide. The others that I've worked on were plain text guides of my own or others that I wikified, but CotM was in wikiformat from the start and (almost entirely) my own work.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: Not too much. There was a minor disagreement over what should be on the main page for a guide, but that got sorted out before it degenerated into a war. Aside from that, the only other time I've been remotely stressed by SW is when the headers for the guides I was working on kept getting reorganized under my nose. However that was a long time ago, and now that we have an actual (written) standard for what should be in the header, the issue is now resolved.
- General comments
- Since the games that I like enough to write guides for tend to be less than popular, I'm usually off doing my own thing, which works for me. That said, I also enjoy collaborating with others. I'm not sure how much it matters what times I can be available to admin things, but I'm on pretty much anytime between 10am and 1am EST (15:00 and 06:00 UTC, I believe). - Koweja 12:25, 6 March 2008 (CST)
Please keep criticism constructive and polite.
- Has added tons of info to a variety of guides so plenty of experience following our policies. -- Prod (Talk) 16:16, 5 March 2008 (CST)
- Responsive and willing to learn. :-) --DrBob (talk) 16:59, 5 March 2008 (CST)
- Another solid contributor. Me likes. Was unsure if he(?) was active or not, not anymore. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 19:13, 5 March 2008 (CST)
- Prod (Talk) 16:16, 5 March 2008 (CST)
- Procyon (Talk) 16:45, 5 March 2008 (CST)
- DrBob (talk) 16:59, 5 March 2008 (CST)
- Skizzerz (talk · contribs) 17:47, 5 March 2008 (CST)
- DukeRuckleyTalk | Contribs 18:41, 5 March 2008 (CST)