- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here:
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve StrategyWiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with?
- A: I've had Recent changes bookmarked for some time, so patrolling edits should be a natural progression. From time to time I check the Maintenance reports when I don't feel like working on any guides but still want to make myself useful, and I'll do so more regularly as an administrator (particularly since I've now found Category:Maintenance as well).
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to StrategyWiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: I'm the main contributor to the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) guide, taking it from stage 1 to a solid stage 3, and it's currently one of the Most Popular listed on the Main page. I think I've managed to balance readability for new players and detail for more experienced ones, and learned a great deal about using templates to standardize layout and present information clearly.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: I don't recall any conflicts or users causing me stress (or vice versa, as far as I know). Although I watch all the guides to which I've added content, I don't consider them 'my' guides and don't get prickly when others edit them. I occasionally undo edits, but when it isn't obvious vandalism I try to explain why in the edit summary (after checking that the mistake isn't mine, because sometimes it has been).
- General comments
- I've been a contributor for six years now and, if I hadn't been nominated, I would probably have requested administrator permissions myself later this year after finally getting the KotOR guide to stage 4. I plan to continue contributing for many years to come, in whatever capacity.
Please keep criticism constructive and polite.
- This is more of a formality, but Onderduiker has been an exceptional contributor, and more recently, has taken it upon himself to clean up other guides. He makes great decisions, is very pleasant to talk with, and even if he doesn't necessarily take on all of the responsibilities of an admin, he's doing a tremendous amount of good work, and his edits don't need to be patrolled because he uses such good judgment with his edits. Procyon 02:00, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- Onderduiker's contributions to the KotOR guide show a great understanding of mediawiki syntax and our policies. -- Prod (talk) 13:39, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- Procyon 02:00, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- Prod (talk) 13:39, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- WarioTalk 05:15, 20 May 2018 (UTC)