After careful consideration, I am withdrawing my nomination. We already have enough bureaucrats to last for quite a while, and if we need more I'll re-nominate myself or wait for someone else to nom me. But as of right now, the number of current bureaucrats is more than enough for the extra tasks they are entitled to (pretty much Special:Userrights and that's about it), and since that is not needed except very rarely, we really don't need all that many bureaucrats around. --Skizzerz (talk · contribs) 20:45, 21 May 2008 (CDT)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here: I accept this self-nomination :) --Skizzerz (talk · contribs) 14:53, 11 May 2008 (CDT)
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve StrategyWiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. What sysop chores have you been helping with?
- A: Mainly cleanup and patrolling vandalism. I've also done a fair bit of everything else too :)
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to StrategyWiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: The featured guides system currently in place was largely designed by me. I also have coded quite a few extensions (only one of which is in use here at the moment though) and have worked a lot on making the IRC seem more accessible and user-friendly than it was before by setting up the PJIRC Gateway and running a bot with a help-database.
- 3. How do you anticipate helping StrategyWiki above and beyond your current responsibilities as a sysop?
- A: I would help mainly with the backend of the software in the filesystem implementing cool new features and improving/updating existing ones. However, that won't stop or hinder me from continuing cleanup and other tasks as well as contributing to guides. I would also help in integrating abxy and strategywiki to a greater extent so that both sites can benefit.
- General comments
Please keep criticism constructive and polite.
- Unless some of the bureaucrats bring up some compelling arguments against him, I see no reason to oppose.--DukeRuckleyTalk | Contribs 21:54, 13 May 2008 (CDT)
- I support Skizzerz because I think he is a fantastic member of the community, and has helped with numerous extensions that have benefited the site. He has also been a big supporter of myself, so I would like to return the favor. Having said that, I also feel that Prod's comments have a lot of merit. At first, I didn't know how I wanted to vote because I didn't want to be unsupportive of Skizzerz, but I also didn't want to blanket push any sysop to bcrat. If Skizzerz feels that he can do a better job as a bcrat, then I am simply choosing to trust his judgment. Procyon (Talk) 09:16, 14 May 2008 (CDT)
- DukeRuckleyTalk | Contribs 21:42, 13 May 2008 (CDT)
- DrBob (talk) 03:34, 14 May 2008 (CDT)
- Procyon (Talk) 09:16, 14 May 2008 (CDT)