- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here: --Zaiqukaj 09:36, 15 November 2007 (CST)
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve StrategyWiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with?
- A:Cleanup and is my main focus. Whenever I’m working on fixing things I tend to focus on infoboxes, subpaging, wikification and spelling. I normally patrol edits made while I’m online looking for any little errors to fix or details to add. As a sysop I would feel obligated to work a little harder on this last aspect.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to StrategyWiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Because I like to randomly wander working on cleanup there are not many articles I feel I have contributed a lot of content to. I am relatively pleased with how many infoboxes I have either updated or fleshed out. Even if a guide is empty, one with a filled out infobox looks more inviting.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A:I have had only one conflict while here though it was not stressful. While taking out some drively insults towards cheaters I had to rewrite a few sentences of the section to retain proper grammar. Unaware to me a random word that has a few regional variants on spelling was changed and this instantly insulted someone. Since which regional spelling used in a guide is not important I simply backed off to prevent the conflict from growing. My standard response to a conflict is to let the other party know why I acted and try to find a solution/compromise.
- General comments
- This is a complete surprise to me since all I do is lurk around fixing things. From the beginning my only goal has been to learn from my mistakes and any other corrections I have seen around me. There are still a lot of things I have yet to learn so there will still be mistakes from me at times. However, I try not to make the same mistake twice.
Please keep criticism constructive and polite.
- She's been helping out a lot with keeping things clean and seems to understand our policies.
- Shouldn't she be a sysop already? It's been like 2 weeks... Baejung92 20:17, 28 November 2007 (CST)
- I support Zai because 1) she does lots of positive work here, 2) she has a good reputation in the community and among the other admins, and 3) we need a girl sysop xD. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 18:40, 30 November 2007 (CST)
- Prod (Talk) 21:41, 12 November 2007 (CST)
- --DrBob (talk) 01:05, 13 November 2007 (CST)
- Definite support, just was waiting for her to accept :P --Safety Skizzerz Talk · Contribs · Spel Chek™ · VFG · RTFM 21:10, 15 November 2007 (CST)
- It can never hurt to have more "cleanup" sysops. --DukeRuckleyTalk | Contribs
- Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 18:40, 30 November 2007 (CST)
- Baejung92 22:57, 15 November 2007 (CST) Sorry, it's just that I've never have had the privilege to see your work, so I'm neutral for now. I'll probably come back and change after I've done so.
- Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 14:53, 17 November 2007 (CST) Pretty much the same reason as above. Also of note, I had no knowledge of you. I had no idea you were here. :-P