Company Pages on Main Page?
I have been working on the companys, so far i have finished the products of Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, and Sony. I think it would be helpful on the top page I also added pictures of every Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo Console! I just made a Atari page, even if we dont do stategy's for Atari, which i dont see why not, i suggest we keep this page for refferance, - xfollowthereaperxTalk05:08, 05 Febuary 2006 (PST)
- Great job, Reaper! I'd like to talk with you on AIM sometime if that's possible. Would you mind if I did that?
- As for having Atari, that's fine. I'd like to do their games, if we ever have the time and resources. Do you think we should add publishers to the front page? I'd have to think about that a little--I'm about ready to fall asleep, so now's not the best time. I do have something within me that objects (overcrowding), but perhaps that's baseless.
- Again, great job on those pages. --Echelon 20:30, 5 February 2006 (PST)
different community issues format
when editing this page, i see a warning that pages might have problems when its this long. this page will probably remain as large as it is if something doesn't change.
I think in general, this format is only good when there was many things to discuss and few things already discussed. But now, there are decided conventions and it isn't easy for new people to find them quickly and intuitively. Can we have pages for each of the different conventions and whatnot? like a StrategyWiki:Spoilers, StrategyWiki:Completeness designations, ect. pages.
also, wouldn't a disscussion about the main page go in the talk pages of the main page?
finally, if this page is a discussion page, then what about the discussion page for this page? perhaps this page can have more purpose while still being the central discussion page for community issues.
--JinFX 19:26, 5 February 2006 (PST)
- I'd sooner go for subpages (StrategyWiki:Community Issues/IssueName) so you can easily see what the parent page would be (even moreso if auto-backlinks are re-enabled). As for moving talk to the actual talk page, that's a possibilty too. Indeed this page could have a list of current things being discussed/needing doing kinda like current events only focussed more on things at the "planning" stage, rather than the "doing" one. GarrettTalk 14:46, 6 February 2006 (PST)
- I agree with both of these suggestions--it's too difficult to find where to discuss issues. I'm not sure how to implement something better, but I know it could be done. Would Community_Issues/Subject_matter be an appropriate format? Or Community_Issues_talk/Subject_matter? --Echelon 15:50, 6 February 2006 (PST)
- Thats good, but maybe as the main issues page (as in this page)? Then each issue would be a subpage? at the very least, it would be much easier to know what are in the archived discussions, and hopefully, people will have an easier time talking about existing and new issues --JinFX 15:02, 12 February 2006 (PST)
We need guidelines!
I am noticing everyone's format is different, we need a guidelines page! and i know we do have one but its not that complete! we need guidelines for everything someone has a question on! Here are some idea
we need a Spoiler guideline (telling when you need to alert people of Spoilers), Formats (showing the formats for everything. yes we have those of they are scattered all over the pages, we need this for referance on like the main page
Here is a great example! http://www.gamerwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page, thats exacly how i want to see it! but i would rather have PC, pc's of today, not the Apple ][, blah blah blah...
Also i think on the Game Systems Format i would love to the the 'inital price' along with 'Also Known As' for like the super nintendo would have SNES and Super Famicom. and also the logo for the game system! it would be very nice if we did that :) somewherexfollowthereaperxTalk
- Gameinfo's House Style is a good place to start, they've defined a few things. GarrettTalk 14:57, 6 February 2006 (PST)