|Just as in World 4-1, Lakitu is your number-one enemy. The only way to get past this scoundrel to safety is to wait on a high perch and jump on his head or blast him down from his cloud with a fireball. Then proceed.|
- There's a power-up in the left block of the top block set, and a 10-coin block in the far right of the lower block set.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros., the power-up is omitted, as well as the brick next to it.
- Shortly before the pipe, take care of Lakitu from the top, then get down to the lower block and jump to find a hidden 1-up mushroom. The 1-up only appears if you collect every coin in World 5-3 or use a warp zone to get to World 6-1. This mushroom might not appear if you've been hit before in this area.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros., The 1-up mushroom is omitted.
- The little green hill points to the location of two hidden coins.
- The far right block in the middle block set contains a 10-coin block. If you are small, you can go right ahead and collect the coins. But if you are Super Mario you must use the slide technique to cash in. Be careful not to slide too far!
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros, there is a Flying Paratroopa to the right of these sets of blocks.
- If you slide just a little bit too far, you will be pushed to the left when you uncrouch. If this happens, you will need to successfully break the brick to the left of the 10-coin block to escape.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros, there are two Goombas moving down the staircase to the flag and there is also another Flying Paratroopa in the gap (which is also wider).
|Tough Choice between a power-up or potentially extra coins.|
|In World 6-2, you have to choose between two routes. One is occupied by swim area B and coin room D; for 38 bonus coins and a power-up. The other is coin heaven C for a potential 53 bonus coins. You can not choose both paths.|
|If you feel you are not skilled enough to pick up all the coins in a coin heaven, or you feel you need the Fire Flower now, choose the first option. Otherwise, take the coin heaven.|
- If you stand between the two pipes, and jump you'll find a hidden coin block. Get on top of it and jump again to collect a 10-coin block. When you're done, you can take the left pipe to coin room E.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros., there is a bottomless pit after the pipe that takes you to coin room E.
- There is a power-up on the right side of the 2-block set which is to the left of the upper pipe. After getting the power-up, jump on it and then jump over the pipe. You will find it is difficult to jump over it from the ground.
- Drop down the ground pipe just before the mid-air pipe to reach swim area B.
- There is a hidden coin between the first two pipes in this section. Get on top of the block, and punch the far right block overhead. A beanstalk leading to coin heaven C will appear.
- The left side of the pit is infested with Buzzies. Jump to the right pipe, then left to the block, then right to the high block, and over to the block set that crosses the gap.
- The top block set towards the end of the section contains a star inside the left block. Use the lower block, and do a one-foot jump.
- The first pipe at the very beginning of this section leads to coin room D.
- Be careful of the Paratroopas that bounce down the final staircase.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros, watch out for the Goombas omitting the infinite 1-up trick.
- Jump up from the lifts in order to collect the floating coins.
- After the first springboard, begin collecting the row of coins when the lift is farthest to the left. There are some coins that you cannot reach by standing on this lift. Jump over to the next lift to collect the rest.
- The lifts at the end of the last section and the beginning of this one have different speeds. You must be extra careful when you jump. It's best to jump when the lifts are close to each other. The "?" blocks contains a power-up. Punching it is easy, but collecting it is hard. Try to catch it in mid-air when you jump across to the right.
- The four lifts at the end are the kind that drop. Jump over them quickly and with good timing.
|Boost your power in mid-air|
|The power-up mushroom will fall immediately to the right. Catch it in mid-air as you jump to the right.|
- You'll find the situation around the power-up familiar. However, the fire-bar rotates to the left. And the Podoboos appear more frequently. It's a challenging combination!
- You have to contend with a low ceiling and fire-bars that rotate to the left. Clear the fire-bars one at a time.
- This is like World 1-4, but it is far more challenging. The upper and lower fire-bars rotate in different directions. Jump when the lower fire-bar is moving towards you, and the top fire-bar is moving away.
- There are six hidden coin blocks here. Their placement is identical to World 1-4.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros, where the 6 hidden coin blocks are there is a Koopa Troopa and a pit of lava to the right.
- Starting in this world, the evil Bowser comes equipped with hammers. It's much more difficult to survive because the hammers can hit you on top of the lift. Beware!