Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Run with super speed for the length of the bridge. You'll easily avoid contact with a flock of flying Koopas.
- Towards the end of this section, jump first to the pipe on the right, then to the left. Drop down the pipe to reach coin room C.
- In the middle of this section is your first encounter with a Super Spring. These bouncers will send you skyrocketing if you jump on contact.
- Make a vine appear in the brick row after the springboard, and be sure not to scroll it off the screen as you jump up. Climb the vine to reach the first coin heaven.
- Jump up to very last block platform and jump again from the block on the right to pop up an easy 1-Up Mushroom.
- Running and long jumping is the theme of this wide open level.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros., there are actually a few pitfalls near the start of the level after the first pipe and the 2 bottomless pits on the far right side of this image are wider.
- In order to reach the other side of the first gap in this section safely, you must run with super speed and jump before you hit the block.
- It'll take some practice to stop on the one block column at the end of this section from a jump, but it may be worth it to collect the Starman from above. Choosing not to get the Starman creates an opportunity for a 1-up: capsize the first Koopa Troopa and kick it to the right.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros., watch out for an extra bottomless pit after the first pipe, which includes a pipe.
- Drop down the first pipe in this section to find coin room A.
- If you are small in the middle of this section, you have an advantage because you can hit the 10-Coin Block very quickly from the two block wall.
- Two hidden Coin Blocks act as steps to the floating pipe near the end of the section. Hit them as shown and start climbing.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros., the first pipe in this section doesn't lead anywhere. After the 10-Coin block and power-up the bottomless pit is wider.
- Be very careful on the final staircase. Jump on the high block to avoid crashing into the Goombas that drop down.
- In Vs. Super Mario Bros., also be careful where the three blocks are. There is an empty space instead of a middle so your best bet will be you'll need a running start to cross. After that, there is no elevated block to protect you from the goombas.
- The airborne obstacles are in full force in this stage. Watch out for a school of flying fish on the opening bridge and try to zero in on them as they fly by.
- With so many enemies in the air, you'll be happy that you took the time to collect the Power-Up in the group of blocks early in this section.
- Airborne groupers and winged Koopas gang up on our hero at the end of this section. Watch the enemies closely and jump when the coast is clear.
- Collect the number of Coins that you need here in order to earn a 1-Up when you touch the flagpole at the end of the stage.
- After you pummel the Koopa at the top in the very beginning, you can kick the shell to the right and follow it as it plows through the enemies below. If you don't lose sight of it, you'll earn a 1-Up.
- You'll need good distance in order to clear the large gap at the end of this section. Run with super speed and jump when the Fire-Bar is on the right side.
- Find a valuable Power-Up in a hidden block above the passage entrance. If you are Mario, you can only pick up a Mushroom.
- Although this level is a possible source of infinite lives, you have to sacrifice a life to go back to the beginning, so trying for infinite lives might not be worth the trouble here, particularly in the original game.
- Drop down to the floor just before you reach the passage in this section. You'll avoid most of the heat from the Fire-Bars and the Fireballs above. Make sure to dash over the small pits.
- Balls of fire known as Podoboos in the Mushroom Kingdom fly up from the pits. Wait for them to sink back down, then jump.
- If you're confident that you can hold off Bowser's attack, you'll find a 10-Coin Block in the left brick wall over the bridge. Collect it at your own risk.