|The Most Elusive of the Lost Levels|
|Welcome to World 9, also known as Fantasy World. Its four bizarre stages can only be reached by hearty adventurers who complete all of the first eight worlds in correct order. They are the ultimate Lost Levels.
Don't use Warp Zones: In order to qualify for admittance into World 9, you must not use any Warp Zones. The use of any Warp Zones (even the Backward Warp Zones, the ones that send you to a previous world) will lock out World 9. In Super Mario All-Stars, even if you've completed the game and played through World 9, if you go into any world, use any warp zone and save your progress, World 9 will disappear from your saved game.
*Please note that World 9, and all of the worlds beyond it, are not available to players in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe.
- Start your World 9 adventure off by dropping down into this faux Warp Zone into a wacky world that's been flooded by water.
- In Super Mario All-Stars, the ceiling is 1/3 shorter. This will make it a little easier to do quick jumps.
- You'll be dropped down to this bizarre-colored water-filled overworld. The "?" Blocks you'll find are solid yet fake.
- You don't need to worry about the Bullet Bill Blaster on top of the "?" Blocks, since they're shut down because of the water.
- Because of the game standard capabilities of underwater levels, you cannot swim over the Piranha Plant infested path. You have to swim through it.
- Swim with the waves near the surface of the water in this section. You'll avoid contact with the water-bound Lakitu and Koopa Paratroopas who patrol the ocean floor.
- Thanks to the water, it's impossible to miss out on a top score for grabbing the flagpole at its highest.
- Just like in World 9-1, you can not swim on top of the path.
- In Super Mario All-Stars, the upper opening in the beginning of the area has been closed.
- With Piranha Plant potential and a Lakitu between the pipes in this section, you'll do well by staying near the bottom of the screen.
- Swim toward the surface here to avoid being chomped by the Piranha Plants.
- Collect enough coins so that your total is a multiple of 11. Then hit the flagpole when the last digit of the timer matches. You'll earn a 1-Up!
- Start this seemingly empty world off with a light jog.
- In Super Mario All-Stars, the color of the castle is earth brown instead of white. The trees and fences are also revamped, and they are now missing in spots where there is a ceiling.
- Hit the high brick at the start of this section to reveal a vine which leads to a unique and short coin heaven. Collect the Coins and return to your adventure.
- While you can approach the edge of the lava pit in this area, there is no way to cross the surface of the pit. And there are no items of interest nearby.
- The pipe at the very end of this section serves as an alternate entrance to the Coin-filled bonus area. After you sink into the pipe, you'll find your hero climbing an invisible vine up to the clouds.
- In Super Mario All-Stars, the coin heaven is in daylight and the trees and fence are colored. The final two lava pits are also a lower tide.
- Bowser appears in this narrow passage. Avoid the ousted King of the Koopas by leaping through the hole in the ceiling just before this section, then run along the roof.
- There's no flood of water at the flagpole, so a timed jump from the ceiling is necessary if you want 5,000 points.
- Various Mushroom Kingdom enemies will approach you one at a time in this yet-another watery passage. You can easily avoid them by swimming toward the surface.
- Watch out! The only actual threat of this level is the wandering Blooper that appears near the middle of this short level. If you don't have a Fire Suit, carefully swim away from him when the time is right.
- When you reach the end of this ultimate Lost Level, you'll see a message in the block formations. It spells out "アリガトウ!" or Arigatou!, which means "Thank you!" in Japanese.
- In Super Mario All-Stars, this level is in daylight conditions and the Flaming Podoboo that appears near the end of this level is actually able to reach you.
|The Never-Ending Fantasy World!|