|Note to All-Stars players|
|World B contains one difference in Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. Instead of green Super Springs, you will find red Springs that only launch you into the air for a very short time. This will likely change your progress.|
- Since you have endless chances to continue, don't risk your life for the early 1-Up Mushroom. Unless:
- Your hero is on his Fire Suit so he can eliminate the Green Koopa Troopa guarding the booty with ease.
- You're a super player! You can knock out the Green Koopa Troopa at one far-side of this reduced space, hit the hidden block in the middle, and wait for the 1-Up Mushroom to come to you. It can be tricky, but it's good for practicing those super skills needed in this game!
- Watch out! If you wait under a hidden block to stomp a Koopa, you'll jump with less height than you expected.
- Hit the block above the first pipe to reveal a vine that leads to coin heaven C. However, only a super-sized character will be able to punch a hole in the brick in order to reach the vine before it scrolls off the screen.
- A trio of hidden blocks in the gapped row of bricks make for a solid platform when they materialize, so you can catch that Starman with ease.
- Hit the "?" block on the far right and jump when the Power-Up Mushroom flies.
- Poison Mushrooms still abound and can ruin a perfectly good game. Let them slide out of harms way if you make one appear.
- A Koopa Paratroopa bounds down the stairs near the beginning of this water stage. If you're not careful, you'll be trampled.
- Go below the floating platform to avoid the Koopa Paratroopa that rules the top of the blocks. You won't get the Coins, but you'll be safe.
- The low route is Coin-filled. But careful, as one Cheep-Cheep swims in the same straight line of the coins. Swim steadily and make sure that you don't let your hero go below the bottom of the screen.
- The extended Fire-Bar swings freely in the wide open space. Follow it as it goes around and head for the exit, another standard exit.
- Instead of stomping the pair of Koopa Paratroopas in this section, you should target the pulleyed platforms for a better chance to advance.
- Pop the "?" block as you ride the sliding platform in the middle of this section, and grab the Power-Up Mushroom before it drops. Then, secure your footing on the platform or the block and jump to the next challenge.
- If your character is super-sized at the end of this section, hit the bricks quickly to clear away one and make a Fire Flower appear in the other. However, you need to collect the coin above the power-up block before hitting the brick itself. Otherwise, the power-up won't appear, yet the block is still emptied.
- Move forward on the first ledge until you can see the next ledge, then wait for the Koopa to approach and take two quick hops to your goal.
- A Koopa Troopa patrols the last bluff. Make sure that you react to the Koopa right when you land before it gets too close.
- You can catch the Fire-Bar guarded Power-Up if you're fast. But if you're already super-sized, it won't do you much good.
- In Super Mario All-Stars, the right side of the pipe in Part A is sealed in, so you are in no danger of over-jumping and falling into the lava pit right beside it.
- Riding the sliding platform at the very beginning of this section is the only way across the gap. If your hero is super-sized, he'll have to duck in order to squeeze under the bricks.
- If you sink into the only pipe in Part B, or either pipe in this section, you'll go back to the first pipe in Part A.