Butter Bridge 1
|Level type||Elevated / Scrolling|
|Exit||Butter Bridge 2|
|Time at Start||300|
- As this is an autoscrolling level, the action starts right off. You should bring any power-ups you might need with you, as there are few opportunities to get any within the level. Blue Yoshi (from the Cheese Bridge area) gets a bonus as he can use the abundant Koopas to fly around freely.
- The mushroom platforms work like scales; jump on one and it sinks down while the other rises. That means you can't keep standing on one of them for too long and will basically need to jump around all the time.
- The gray platforms sink down as soon as you step on them. Jump on them once you see the mushroom platform behind them and then get across.
- You will need to jump off the red Paratroopa at the end to make it to the wooden platform at the end. One wrong jump and you will fall to your doom.
- Jumping skills are of great importance here: you will need to jump off the whole row of green Paratroopas to get over to the next set of mushroom platforms. If you have completed the Red Switch Palace, you will have an additional platform that saves you from falling down.
- To climb the mushroom platforms, you will need to use them like stairs: jump on one and wait until the other one rises far enough up, climb it, get to the next set, rinse and repeat. At the end, slowly sink down as the screen scrolls down and use the Paratroopas for a safe descent.
- There's a feather in the sole ? block here. Otherwise, use the turn blocks to climb all the way to the top. If you're quick, you can snag a 1-up from the second block from the left in the topmost row.
- The red Paratroopa is the only way to cross the large gap between the mushroom platforms. The screen scrolls quickly so you have no time to stand around - leap forward quickly and hope that you make it.
- Once the screen starts scrolling down, jump on the gray platform at the end. As it falls down, leap over to the wooden platform.
- Use the group of red Paratroopas to slowly jump over to the pipe which leads to the goal tape.
- Behind the pipe, the green star block will award you with a 1-up if you've managed to collect 30 coins in this level. To do so, you'll need to find the hidden coin blocks within the rows of turn blocks. It's a bit difficult to do given the autoscrolling nature of the level, though.
Dragon Coin locations
The five Dragon Coins in this level are located as follows:
- Near the beginning, atop a gray platform.
- Just in front of the wooden platform you leap onto using the red Paratroopa.
- Between the set of mushroom platforms just before the group of green Paratroopas.
- Between the set of mushroom platforms where the screen scrolls down. Sink down the right one and you will eventually see the Dragon Coin to your left. This is easiest to do with a cape.
- Just in front of the last wooden platform before the pipe.