From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
Donut Plains 3
|Entrance|| Donut Ghost House|
Donut Secret 2
|Exit||Donut Plains 4|
|Secret Exit||No Secret Paths|
|Time at Start||300|
- The gray platforms in this level rotate either clockwise or counter-clockwise. The wooden platforms follow a visible path, which may either be a loop or simply end, in which case the platform will fall down at the end.
- Those who have activated the green switch blocks can get a feather at the beginning. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until later in this level.
- Of the group of four turn blocks, the rightmost one contains a vine. It can be reached by spin jumping the other turn blocks. The vine leads to a cloud platform where you can accumulate several coins.
- The jumps needed here can be tricky if you don't have a cape. Use to look forward so you can see where to jump.
- The On/Off switches allow you to switch the paths in this level around, thereby allowing you to continue onward in this level. Once you reach the wooden platform circling the On switch, jump at it to set it to Off, which makes the platform move forward.
- When you see the second switch, jump at it, otherwise you will fall to your doom.
- The Fuzzy you'll encounter on your way should not be a problem, since you can duck under it. If you have Yoshi you'll need to jump over it instead.
- Watch out for the Fuzzy! It takes the same path as the wooden platform and will hit you if you're careless. Once you see the opportunity, get on the wooden platform and then jump over to the gray platforms.
- The gray platforms circle a ? block which contains a feather.
- From the gray platforms, you can choose two paths, the top and the bottom. The top path doesn't require you to jump over the pit, but you'll need to deal with Paratroopas. The bottom path is enemy-free but tricky jumps are needed to get across.
- Enter the yellow pipe at the end if you wish to play the bonus game. You'll return at the orange pipe near the end of the level.
- The gray platforms and the Fuzzy move in opposite directions. Quickly jump across to make sure you don't get hit.
- The green star block awards you with a 1-up mushroom if you managed to collect 30 coins throughout the level. If you went on the cloud platform and collected all the coins there, this shouldn't be too hard.
- From the wooden platform you can easily reach the goal tape when it's at the very top.
Dragon Coin locations
The five Dragon Coins in this level are located as follows:
- Above the second set of gray platforms.
- Atop the cloud platform.
- In the air behind the first Fuzzy.
- Before the yellow pipe.
- Obscured by the second-to-last set of gray platforms.