From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
Yoshi's Island 4
|Entrance||Yoshi's Island 3|
|Time at Start||300|
- The Cheep-Cheep in this level will jump out of the water to catch you if you wait too long. Quickly run forward to pass them.
- It is not advisable to stay in the water for too long. The drift carries you to the left, and beside the Cheep-Cheep, you will also find spikes in the water that hurt you when touched. Try to stay on solid land whereever possible.
- The platforms in the water sink underwater when Mario stands on them for too long. Use them as a stepping stone, but get off of them quickly. After the first plaform, you can get a flower from the lone ? block.
- The blue pipe leads to a bonus area (see below).
- You'll find a couple of Pokeys here, as well as a ? block with several coins inside. If you don't have Yoshi with you, it might be advisable to skip this area, as the Pokeys are a bit difficult to deal with on your own. You'll return at the green pipe in the next section.
- To safely cross the water from the green pipe, take the lone Koopa shell and kick it up to the turn block at the very top to make a P-Switch fall down. Step on it and the coins will turn into blocks, forming a bridge across the water. However, several red Koopa Troopa will fall down as well.
- The lone turn block near the pipe has a Starman inside. You can use it to plow through the Koopa Troopas and everything else that's on your path.
- Use your invincibility to run through the spikes and Cheep-Cheep. If you're quick, you will make it to the end of the area unscathed.
- Enter the pipe at the very end to reach the goal tape.
Dragon Coin locations
The five Dragon Coins in this level are located as follows:
- On top of the first platform in the water.
- High above the second platform in the water. Jump from the ? block to retrieve it.
- Above the sixth platform in the water.
- Over the water behind the green pipe, reachable by turning the coins into blocks using the P-Switch.
- Shortly before the pipe at the end, above the ground.