The aim of the game is to get rid of all balls on the screen. To do this, they must touch your rope while it is being shot into the ceiling. In each level you must fill up your bar, which takes six balls. You start the game with five lives. You get an extra every 15,000 points.
To help you with the game, there are many power-ups you can collect after hitting objects. Super Pang can be played with two players, but the single and multiplayer game are identical. You compete for a high score and take turns to beat a level. There is no co-op mode to shoot balls at the same time.
- Claw: It sucks your rope onto ceiling for several sections or until something hits it. It provides a good advantage.
- Single: Your standard weapon. If you pick up the icon, it simply reverts to this.
- Double: It's possible to fire off another rope while one is still in the air. This makes for more rapid disposition of the balls. This is much better than the claw.
- Gun: Shoot fire bullets at the ceiling. It won't leave a trace so you actually need to hit it directly. The upside is that you get two bullets each time, so it is perhaps slightly better than the standard weapon, but only slightly.
- P: Like the gun, but you can shoot unlimited times. Good if you are precise at shooting. Hold down the button for max usage. This in combination with a clock could be the end of the level in no time at all.
- Clock: Stops gameplay for five seconds, with a counter on screen to let you know how much time is left. Does not replace your other current power-up.
- Sandclock: Slows down time for roughly ten seconds.
- Flame: Take one-time damage without dying. You flash white when you are wearing it.
- Dynamite: Blows up each ball that isn't already the smallest size. This may backfire at you if you are not prepared or you're careless. This can kill or put you into real danger more often than it does good.
- 1-Up: 1 extra life.
Each ball that is destroys earns you 100 points. Picking up power-ups is worth 500 points each. You earn an extra life after each 15,000 earned.