In All-Star Mode, you fight a series of battles against every playable character, one series at a time. You can play this mode by yourself, or with a friend. Between each match, you'll be taken to the Rest Station, where you can see who you'll be fighting next. At the Rest Station, you are given three Heart Containers, or five if you are playng with two people. Each will restore your health completely, but each can only be used once, so use them wisely. If you don't use them, the amount of damage you've built up carries over from one match to the next, and you only get one life. Also, sometimes you will be awarded trophies for doing specific things. Just rush over and click attack to get it.
The characters you'll be fighting are grouped by series, and arranged according to the age of the series.
- Level 1: Mr. Game & Watch
- Level 2: Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser
- Level 3: Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong
- Level 4: Ice Climbers
- Level 5: R.O.B.
- Level 6: Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda or Sheik
- Level 7: Samus or Zero Suit Samus
- Level 8: Pit
- Level 9: Snake
- Level 10: Ness and Lucas
- Level 11: Ike and Marth
- Level 12: Yoshi
- Level 13: Captain Falcon
- Level 14: Sonic
- Level 15: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
- Level 16: Fox, Falco, Wolf
- Level 17: Wario
- Level 18: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario and Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard separately)
- Level 19: Olimar
Up to two enemy characters can appear on the stage at a time. For series that have more characters, the rest appear one by one after you KO someone else.
Finishing All-Star Mode gets you a trophy of your character's Final Smash.
How to unlock
- Unlock every character.