From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
The game can be played using four different controller setups.
- Only the Wii Remote, turned on its side.
- Wii Remote normally, with the attached Nunchuk.
- Classic controller.
- GameCube controller. (Wii Only)
The control scheme can easily be detected the moment you press the button on the controls mentioned above.
- The standard attack, almost always fast.
- For strong attacks and running attacks (Hold down the / in the direction that you tap- after you tap, hold it down to keep running, and then press / to execute the running attack).
- Having the same name of the game, smash attacks are powerful attacks that are very useful. They are not the more powerful of attacks for some characters, but they certainly have launching power.